“Nikki?” Cole ask still stroking my hair the same thing that I did to him. I open my eyes to see his red eyes looking into mine.

“Thankyou’ I whisper still hungry. “I didn’t- are you ok- do you need.” I stopped talking when Cole’s lips were on mine. His were cold or maybe they were mine but I wasn’t sure. All I knew was that I was alive and so was Cole.

“I am fine Nikki. You managed to stop, my body is already halfway through replacing my blood.” When he said that I look at my arms. The wound were healing but only a little. Jesus how much blood did I lose?

“You lost a lot Nikki.” Did I say that out loud? “Before I stared, you had lost more than half of your blood. When I managed to pull out of the compulsion, I would say you had a cup of blood in your system at the most.” I closed my eyes and leaned back into Cole unbelievable tired.

“We need to get-” I never got to finish when the doors opened up.

“My, my, my, what do we have here? Nikki is still alive!” I open my eyes to see Victor standing near us. “And what is this? Someone has been feeding her? You look like a rouge Nikki.” I try to scramble up but it is no use. My body is still weak.

“Cole I am very disappointed in you. I thought I told you to kill her not save her.” Cole was up faster than a bullet and was standing in front of me.

“Don’t you even think about laying another finger on her!” Victor laughed and stopped when we heard a noise outside.

“Looks like your father has arrived Nikki. I was hoping to show him a dead body but this is better.” The noises were getting louder as they drew closer. I tried to get up but failed. When I tried again I managed to stand up with the support of the wall.

“You know Victor, your time is up.” I push away from the wall and stumbled but Cole caught me. “My father and my people will come storming in here and run and stake through you heart, while I stand by and laugh.” I am breathing hard. That took a lot out of me.

“Says the girl who is on the verge of dying, who can hardly stand.” He laughs and stops when the door’s burst open.

“Nikki!” My father shouts and Victor claps his hands together.

“Just on time your majesty.” My father didn’t even have time to react as two rouges grabbed him and dragged him over to Victor. I scream as the two rouges bite into my father’s neck but Cole is keeping me tight to his chest.

“Vladimir. What a pleasant surprise to see you here. I have to introduce you to my son Cole but you already know him.”  Victor looks smug and my father is looking at Cole not with hate but sorry eyes then he notices his eyes and then mine.

“Get your hands off my daughter you rouge.” He yells at Cole.

“It’s not what you think…”

“Oh it is exactly what you think. I turned my own and your daughter into rouges. All it took was leaving them without blood for a few days and a whole lot of compulsion. They have very strong wills.” He is smiling. If I had the effort I would run over to run and rip his throat out.

“Nikki.” Dad whispers looking heart broken. No Dad you need to stay strong. You are meant to be strong.

“Dad it’s not true. Neither of us are rouges. If I didn’t drink from Cole I would be dead.” I keep looking at my father who is staring us both in the eyes looking for any sign of our eye colour. His face and body relaxes a little and I assume he found what he was looking for.

“You have the biggest mouth I have ever meet Nikki. Oh well.” Victor comes charging at us and grabs me by the throat before anyone can move. I am kicking my legs as he is cutting off my oxygen.