Losing not only Jasmine and Morgan, but his stepmom and a few of the spell-masters all on the same day was difficult. Turning around and forcing his friends to run after faking Riley and Kenny's death was even worse. He still had nightmares of their faces, especially Chelsea's, when he announced what side he would be taking in the war.

His father really was ignorant to think that Luke couldn't sense what he was trying to do to Riley and Kenny with the help of some of the world's top illusionists working to brainwash Kenny and Riley while they lay trapped in comas. Hopefully, the necklace would help lessen the effects of the spells cast on her, keeping her from becoming a mindless zombie. The only catch to siding with his father was Luke was now a prisoner forbidden to leave the hospital.

Anna and Luke had tried to leave one day, only to be zapped as soon as they stepped foot outside. Powerful wards had been placed surrounding the hospital catering to preventing Luke or Anna from passing through physically or magically. Now, Luke was stuck in a repetitive routine of taking turns at Riley and Kenny's sides, his only conversations with his sister who couldn't even actually speak. Half the time, she acted more cat than human, side effects from switching souls with a cat for so long.

Brother, you are brooding again.

Luke smirked, the singsong sound of her voice in his mind pulling him back to reality as he grinned at his sister.

"You are right, I am beginning to act a lot like Kenny. Maybe we should plan a prank on the nurses. Its been far to long since I have used my skills," Luke grinned.

Lulu, maybe you shouldn't try testing father's patience with Riley's life on the line.

Luke sighed, running his hand through his hair as he glanced down at Riley. She was vulnerable. His father may decide he didn't have use for her after all and kill her out of spite if Luke pissed him off. Pranks would have to wait for the moment despite him itching to get his hands dirty. He was pretty sure this has been his longest streak without pulling a prank.

Come on, let's go get some food. You haven't eaten, yet, today.

"I wasn't really hungry," Luke admitted.

Anna glared at him, placing her hands on her hips as she shook her head. She had been forcing him to eat lately because if not, he would forget as he sat by his friend's sides. He also hadn't been sleeping, attempting to always stay awake fearing that if he did sleep, then their minds would be broken without him alert to push back the illusionists' attacks.

Just this morning, she had found him slouched in the chair, his hand gripping Riley's as he softly snored away after three days of no sleep. His sleep was always interrupted by nightmares, usually of that stupid mortal girl who had gone insane, dreaming of her in the mental ward. She hated to see her brother suffering like this, but it was the sacrifice he chose in order to keep everyone safe.

Anna reached her hand down, forcing her brother to take it as she helped him come to a stand. He groaned in protest not wanting to leave Riley's side. He knew he had to listen to his sister because she wouldn't tKe no for an answer. She was a lot like Riley in that sense and probably would physically drag Luke to the cafeteria if she was strong enough.

"One moment," he mumbled as he gave Riley a quick peck on the forehead. "See you later Riles."

Anna rolled her eyes snickering knowing Riley would fling him through a wall if he did that when she was awake, or knew he had been doing that while she was in a coma. He adored Riley though thinking of her as a little sister. In a way, he felt drawn to her because she reminded him of Anna. They had similar personalities, though she was more biased towards herself as being more awesome.