hiking with you

The walk back to the tent was intense. I was sticky with sweat and you were covered in red raw bites. We honestly looked a mess.

Even though it was now tea time, the Scottish sun was still strongly beating down on us, causing my hair to be plastered to my forehead.
Your cheeks were rosy, as if you had smeared a Nars blusher all over your face. The dusting of freckles upon your nose shone dark in the sunlight.

My throats was dry and itchy, we had half a bottle of water left and we still had miles to walk. Of course this would happen, it was typical. The forces of the universe gave me one good thing, you, but with that I get many bad things thrown in my face. It's how it's always worked. But I managed to persist and fight against the gnawing desperation for water to soothe my throat.

You still had a spring in your step and a smile on your face. You always saw the positive in everything, the optimist. Whereas I carried the foul mood in my shoulders and negativity was my middle name. However together we balanced each other out, in a perfect harmony.

Your hands were reached out, touching the foliage, the plants. You were taking in every soft petal, every crisped leaf. Attempting to be at one with nature.

A soft murmur came from you, at first I thought that you were talking to yourself but as I walked closer I realised that you were singing, gently.

'Oasis.' you told me, 'All my uni friends were big fans.'

And so you serenaded me with the lyrics of Wonderwall as we walked and climbed through the Scottish jungle.

'What is your opinion on the music classics like The Beatles, David Bowie, The Stone Roses?' I asked you a little while later as we neared our camp.

'Across the Universe, Life on Mars, in fact I can't dispute any song by The Beatles if I am honest.' you told me.

Before this I assumed that you were more into recent and modern mainstream music but like on many occasions you proved me wrong.

'What is your favourite song Noah?'

'Oh shit that's a hard one, I don't know.'

'Give me an answer Noah, please.'

'Fine. Right now my favourite song is I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor by The Artic Monkeys.' I muttered.

You smiled at me, your eyes glistening in the lilac twilight. This was my favourite time of day, everything looked better under the purple twinge.

Finally we were back at our tent. We grabbed the fold up camping chairs from inside and set them up next to the little fire pit.

I went into the tent and pulled on some joggers and a grey jumper. You had changed into your onesie, an attempt to stay warm overnight. It was black fluffy teddy bear onesie, you could've fit in with the bears of that Disney movie Brave you were telling me about earlier.

To be honest it sounded alright for a Disney Princess movie, no sickening outburst of song or damsels in distress. It seemed like Merida had more guts than most men I knew and you didn't like how it didn't have as much fame as other films like Frozen when Brave was the epitome of female strength and power.

When you told me this as we were walking back, I loved how the emotions you felt towards this subject were projected in your eyes. You were so passionate and that made me smile.

I grabbed a beer from our food stock and a sugar free Sprite for you.
We sat in our cheap and uncomfortable chairs, sat under tartan blankets whilst listening to the crickets chirp and hiss in the blue darkness.

We had lit a small fire, the dark fumes of smoke invisible in this light but the sparks and twists of vermilion were shining warmly.

It was all so beautiful, so calm and serene and even though the temperature was dropping, I had this strong mellow warm glow inside of me that was growing more ardent each and every day.

I turned to look at you. You had a small smile upon your pink lips, dimples showing slightly. You were hypnotised by  the fire, fascinated and curious. But I was hypnotised by you and you completely fascinated me.

----------------------------------------------
I am sorry that this was a short chapter, I was having a writers block.

Again thank you all so much for reading 5:21 PM it really
does mean a lot to me.

Please vote, comment and share this story if you liked this chapter.

Love Dais xxx

BANNER MADE BY rosebindings