drinking with you

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE VOTES AND COMMENTS GUYS, IT MEANS EVERYTHING TO ME. TYSM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later and we were off our heads. I had found some Stella at the back of the fridge and had a bottle of red wine lying about, so I thought why not create a cliché of drowning our sorrows in booze.

You agreed. You wanted to hide the looming distress of your mothers condition behind a wall of ethanol. Create a barrier between you and reality for just a few hours.

We downed the Stella quickly, purging ourselves of the sickening thoughts.

I turned my stereo on, picking a random playlist, not really caring about the music. I just wanted background noise to distract me.

You were slightly tipsy at this point, humming to the sound of Muse and tilting your head side to side. Your nose and cheeks were flushed from the alcohol running in your veins and your hair was matted to your face, caked in sweat and tears.

Then Livin' la Vida loca came on. You turned around to face me, a large grin on your blushed face.

'Oh my god, this song, I love this song it reminds me of Shrek!' you giggled.

'Shrek? I haven't seen that movie in years,'

'Yeah well,' you told me, 'Shrek is a great movie and Puss is my favourite character because I love his accent,'

'Nah, from what I remember Donkey was the best character no doubt,'

'Donkey! Are you actually kidding?' you asked with disgust.

'Donkey was the best, end of,'

'Erm did Donkey have a movie dedicated to him? I think not. Puss wears an adorable hat, Donkey wears nothing. Puss has a sword and can fight, Donkey can't and Puss gets all the ladies, what does Donkey get hmm a dragon. I don't know about you but I would rather get all the girls than a large fire breather'

'Alright, alright let's just agree to disagree,' I choked back a laugh.

Your face transitioned from a dirty scowl to an adorable smile.

'Puss is still the best.' you smirked.

You were an absolute mess, but so was I. Both stricken with grief but dancing our hearts out to Chocolate by The 1975. You were shouting the lyrics whilst swaying on the oak coffee table using the bottle of red as a microphone.

'I adore this song sooo much you know,' you screamed at me.

I laughed, nodding in agreement.

'YEAH WE'RE DRESSED IN BLACK FROM HEAD TO TOE, WE'VE GUNS HIDDEN UNDER OUR PETTICOATS, NO WE'RE NEVER GUNNA QUIT IT, NO WE'RE Never gonna quit it nooooo.' you trailed off.

'That was ahmazing,' I snickered.

'You know, The 1975 are like indie mainstream now, they were completely indie but not anymore,' you told me.

'You are crazy,'

You looked at me, your pupils wide and dilated. Your rose lips parted, each breath you took heavy.

It was as if time had stopped, frozen us in a place of mesmerisation and lust. My eyes raked your body, noticing how your black tank top had ridden up, revealing your lightly tanned skin.

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks and paint them a light pink. I was enthralled by your beauty, hypnotised by the gold specks that decorated your dark green eyes. I had fallen too quick, too easily. You had me wrapped around your finger, I was at your every command.

You gracefully stepped off the table, still staring at my soul and walked towards me.

I was pulled towards you. We were magnets, attracted by the invisible force.

You stopped, hardly three centimetres away from my chest. A small smile on your face and a glossy lust in your eyes.

It was the alcohol.

My hand reached for your face, cupping the soft skin of your cheek, bringing your face closer to mine. You looked up at me from under your dark eyelashes and then your gaze drifted to my lips.

You made the first move.

Pressing your smooth lips against mine. My mind went into overdrive; at first I was confused but as the sensation of your lips on mine hit my nerves, something awoke inside me. Something primal. Your lips became a necessity, a fundamental right.

It made me light headed and a sense of calmness washed over my body as my hands were entwined in your thick hair. The world had stopped, the bustle of everyday life halted. All my thoughts were shattered into dust as you gently bit my bottom lip.

Lust. Longing. Love.

That's what I felt, when we merged from two souls into one.

But then you pulled away, it felt as though half of me had been torn. It was sudden and abrupt. A look of confusion passed across my face.

Did I do something wrong?

You looked away from me, disgust upon your face and it was this moment my heart sunk. You were shaking your head, the memory of our kiss tormenting your mind.

'I'm sorry, I just realised I have got to go,' you mumbled.

Then you stumbled out of my door, slamming it behind you.

I felt cold when you left. I felt empty and useless. My head was spinning. I was confused and intoxicated. Why did you leave was the only question running around my head. And then reality slapped my face.

You left me.