Chapter Twenty-Two

"Are you out of your corn fed mind?" Bones exclaimed. "You're not about to listen to this guy right?"

"Come on Jim! That man killed Pike and he almost killed you," I insisted, pacing back and fourth along the bridge as Jim sat in the Captain's chair.

"Well why did he save our lives then?" Jim asked, crossing his arms as he still attempted to argue against us.

"So we are just going to pop open a missile because why? Because he dared you to?" Bones asked incredulously.

"The Doctor does have a point Captain," Spock said, stepping in.

"Don't agree with me Spock that makes me very uncomfortable," Bones said, almosf making me grin.

"Perhaps you too should learn to govern your emotions, Dr.McCoy," Spock suggested.

"And then what? Become an emotionless computer like you?" Bones retorted.

"Could you two not act like sixth graders for five minutes?" I asked, looking between the two men.
After a second of hesitation, the men obliged.

"Getting back to the problem, how are we going to open up this thing. Without Mr.Scott on board I don't see how we can just open a stick of dynamite on board," Bones pondered.

"The admiral's daughter seemed to have interest in the torpedos. She is a weapons specialist," Spock announced.

I had almost forgotten about Carol.

"What admiral's daughter?" Jim asked with furrowed brows.

"Carol Marcus. Your new science officer, " Spock explained.

"Wait? Carol Marcus? Wasn't she your roommate Ferris? Why didn't either of you tell me about this?" Jim asked, putting the pieces together and looking between us.

"It did not become relative until now," Spock defended.

Jim turned to me. I shrugged.

"Hoes before bros?" I tried and Jim tried to look upset but he couldn't hide his small grin. It made me a little happy to offer my brother some levity during this stressful time.

Jim sighed and began walking to the weapons bay. I decided not to follow since I did not exactly enjoy being around bombs and missiles that could blow up.

I turned to Spock before leaving.

"Take care of Jim for me Spock."

---------------

I tended to a case of Andorian chicken pox in the mean time and then after words I finally finished up my paperwork. Half way through a settlement document my communicator went off. I picked it up and could hear Bones voice come on.

"Ferris? Come down the hanger 2. You're going to want to see this," Bones told me and I quickly stood up and followed his directions.

I made my way down to the hanger where I found Jim, Carol, Bones, and Spock all around the torpedo that Bones and Carol had opened on a nearby planet.

"Ferris, you're here." Carol said with a smile. It was good to see her again. I kind of missed having her as a roommate.

"What's going on?" I asked looking at Bones.

"Well, instead of fuel being inside these torpedos, there are actually people. The tubes have been retrofitted to freeze the inner occupant for transport, quite clever in all honesty," Bones explained.

My brows furrowed and Ipeered at the missile. Through a small glass pane at the top of the torpedo,I saw the face of a man. My blue eyes widened in surprise.