Chapter Two

Jim and I boarded an off world shuttle the next morning. Jim was still a bit hungover but we had both decided to join StarFleet unanimously.

I looked for a seat as we entered and the first thing Jim did was smile at a pretty girl but then bang his head on the low ceiling beam.

I grinned. "Smooth," I whispered and he just shook it off and gave another grin to the girl who returned it out of pity. I swiftly claimed two empty seats and Jim plopped down next to me.

I was adjusting the seat belt when a resilient man who was being ushered in by a small woman was pushed towards the seat next to Jim.

"Look I don't need a doctor. I am a doctor!" The man said, obviously exasperated.

"Sir if you don't sit down I will make you sit down," The little woman persisted before making him sit and then walked away.

The distressed male then took a long drink from a metal flask. He fidgeted anxiously in his seat, looking half prepared to dive off the shuttle the moment it moved.

"Scared of Space?" Jim asked with a small smile.

"Scared?" The nervous male asked. "At any given time a solar flare could pop up and fry us in our seats. And don't mind me when you're sitting pretty with a case of Nagorian Shingles. Space is nothing but death and disease wrapped in darkness."

"You must be fun at parties," I noted and ironically the man seemed to agree.

"You do realize that StarFleet operates in space?" Jim asked matter of factly.

"Ex wife took the whole dahm planet with her. Got nowhere else to go. All I got left are my bones," He claimed.

"Well, you're just the happiest camper Bones," I said with a smirk peering at him from across Jim.

The rest of the flight went pretty smoothly as we made our way to the Starfleet base. It was an amazing campus. I couldn't help but stare at everything.

We got off the shuttle and were shown to our respective dorms that just so happened to share with a kind, blonde girl named Carol. I knew it would only be a matter of time before Jim took notice of her.

( Short Chapter I know but I just needed to transition her into the Academy so now we will get to see Spock in the next chapter ;)