Coming clean- chapter eleven

It's funny how you never know who's watching you. The feeling of being watched just never peeks on your radar. Considering she's suppose to be a deadly Merc, she didn't notice the person watching from the shopping isle.

Jason kept his red hood up.

After their last encounter, he sneakily placed a tracker on the side of her boat as she left him in the water. It was enough to lead him to where she parked it in the dock, but not enough to show him her exact whereabouts.

A mere stroke of luck allowed him to find her that day. As he searched the surrounding area, a motorbike raced past him. He couldn't see the drivers face, due to them wearing a sleek black helmet, but something told him that that was her. It was Anna.

And low and behold.

Once he followed the vehicle, hacking into the road security cameras, it lead him to the supermarket.

That's where he was now. Watching.

Was he a stalker? Investigating is what he preferred, but who was he kidding?

If she were to look 180 degrees to her left, she would see him. Would she even recognise him?

The tempting urge to walk up to her, tap her shoulder, and tell her that he was alive was crawling all over his body like green ants. The questions which circled his mind ached to be asked: why she would do the things she has done? Why did she mark her own skin? Why did she turn out the way she is? All those thoughts hammered in his brain, causing him a headache.

He saw that she put in a pack of four chocolate chipped cookies into her basket. Jason smiled. Still had that sweet tooth. Knowing her she would eat it all in one day.

Out of the corner of his eye, someone else also spotted her. Just by the way he walked, Jason knew who he was.

Dick Grayson.

Jason wondered for a moment whether he was stalking... investigating her too. But why would he? He had no reason to. Unless he was there to make sure she wasn't getting up to trouble. Jason knew, when Bruce wanted something done in his city, it gets done. Or he was going to arrest her.

Of course the dope had to walk up and strike up a conversation.

But the reaction from her nearly made him laugh. How could a cold-blooded assassin get shy just talking to someone. The way her eyes bugged, her hand opening and closing like a fish out of water, a bright pink flush going from her cheeks to her ears and neck. The oh so famous awkward smile.

How Dick could try and talk to her like nothing is going on infuriated him. Acting like he wasn't alive. Like he never had been.

When they left, Jason stayed inside to watch... observe them together. Somehow Dick convinced her to go somewhere with him. He was always a smooth talker. With an arm around her shoulder and that award winning smile.

As they strolled away down the street together, Jason placed a tracker on her motorbike that was parked. Now, he could know where she was hiding.

Jason decided to wait until she got back, making sure she didn't notice or spot the tracker, and she decided to trick him by putting it on a pidgin.

"This has actually been enjoyable, thanks Dick."

Jason ducked behind a car.

"Do you need a ride anywhere?" Dick asked.

"I'm good, I've got a bike that I can shove my junk into." The shuffling of feet began to move across the pavement. "It was nice to feel normal for a while, I guess," she said, somewhat sadly.