11 - The Kiss

"I want you to kiss me."

Tord was taken aback. "What?"

"You heard me." Tom's voice was getting weaker.

Tord knew what that meant. Tom didn't only want Tord to kiss him, but he wanted Tord to be his boyfriend again. And possibly even more than that.

Tord gulped. He set his hand on top of Tom's, which soon became intertwined with his. They sat like that for a bit, rubbing their thumbs against each other's skin. It had been so long since they could feel the other's warmth from their hands. It felt fantastic. They both almost cried from hand holding. As for what the kiss would feel like...

Tord leaned in.

Tom did the same.

Their faces were only a couple of inches apart.

Tord looked at the door, where a couple of familiar looking people just walked in.

"Tom?"

"Yeah?"

Tord leaned back away from Tom. "Would it be a problem if Edd and Matt were to see this?"

"What?" Tom turned in his chair. Sure enough, Edd and Matt were in line, holding hands. "Fuck."

"I should go."

"I'll come too." They both stood, rather quickly. They started walking to the exit when Tom was stopped by two arms being wrapped around him.

"Tom! It's so great to see you out of the house!" Edd released Tom and moved to stand in front of him.

"It's great seeing you too, Edd. Look, I need to go do something." Tom looked up from Edd to see the faintest outline of Tord waiting next to the coffee-shop window outside.

"Okay, then. You know, we should hang out more. How about dinner tonight at Bob's Diner?"

"Yeah, that sounds great. See you two later." Tom quickly walked past Edd and out the front door. He stopped next to Tord, who held an unlit cigar and a lighter.

"Sorry. I just wanted to get out of there." He lit the cigar and took a long drag.

"That's understandable. Do you want to meet up again sometime?"

Tord looked down at Tom and smiled. "I'd like that."

"Cool." Tom rubbed the back of his neck. "Tomorrow, at my place? If you come early enough, Edd and Matt won't know you're with me."

"How early?"

"How about 5:30? I'll make breakfast."

"Oh, please don't. We all know how terrible of a cook you are."

Tom glared daggers. "I meant sandwiches." he said rather quietly. Before Tord had left, the two used to get up really early - before Edd and Matt - and make sandwiches to eat together in one of their rooms.

Tord grinned. "That sounds great. And Tom?"

"Yeah?"

Tord took Tom's chin with his free hand and lifted it. He placed a quick, yet sweet kiss on Tom's lips. Tord pulled away to see that Tom was blushing quite madly.

Tord chuckled. "It's a date then." He then pivoted on his left heel and walked back in the direction of his home.