10 - The Meeting

(A/N) There are a few words in Norwegian in here. Just a warning. Carry on.

Tord ran around his house picking things up off the floor, trying to make the place look presentable. Tom was coming over soon and Tord needed the place to look like he wasn't a mess.

He threw out the empty bottles of alcohol and used cigars. He swept and vacuumed the place at an alarming speed. That is, until something got caught in the vacuum. Tord didn't want to deal with it so he rushed outside and threw the entire vacuum in the trash bin.

"Um... Tord?"

Tord spun around. Tom stood there, hands in his pockets and blood rushing to his cheeks. Tord hadn't even dressed yet. He was still in nothing, but his underwear.

"Faen. Uh... I'll go get dressed." Tord ran back into the front door, yelling, "Make yourself at home!"

Tom walked in and shut the door behind him.

Tord hurried in his room, tripping as he ran from his dresser to his closet, trying to put his clothes on as fast as possible. He pulled on a pair of black jeans with a red belt, red converse, and a black tank.

Stumbling out of his room, he realised he hadn't even brushed his teeth or hair yet. Let alone put on deodorant or spray on cologne. Tord turned to the living room, where Tom sat on the arm of his sofa.

"Just a second." Tord held a finger up and smiled nervously.

"Take your time." Tom said, looking to the floor.

Tord brushed his hair, teeth, and face multiple times and took care of the other essentials. He made sure to dry his robotic arm well. The last thing he wanted was for it to rust, just to have to replace it. He was just starting to develop his fine motor skills in that hand too.

He came out of the bathroom and walked over to Tom, who was on his phone. Tom looked up at Tord and set his phone down in his lap. "Hey."

"Hey." Tord replied. "I has been a while."

"Yeah... Um... Why haven't you called me before now?" Tom asked, eyes desperate for answers.

Tord stared deeply into those eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't think you would want to speak to me after the whole robot incident."

Tom looked away. "I was my fault though."

"What?" The Norwegian was very surprised at this. He grabbed Tom by the shoulders. "How could you ever think this was your fault?"

Tom looked back into Tord's eyes. "When you first left. If I hadn't yelled at you then-"

"Thomas!" Tord could not believe it. How long had Tom thought it was his fault? "That was not you. I was going to tell you that I had to leave, but you were looking for something and I had to go soon."

"Oh... "

"I'm so sorry that you had to think that for so long." Tord pulled Tom into a hug. He immediately felt Tom's arms wrap around his torso and Tom's face snuggle into his left shoulder.

Tord couldn't hold himself back any longer. He kissed Tom's ear. He pulled Tom's face out of his chest and kissed Tom's forehead. And Tom's nose. Tom's cheeks. He went for Tom's lips, but suddenly stopped himself.

"Beklager!" Tord quickly pulled away from the hug. Or what started out as a hug.

"I- I won't stop you-"

"Do you want coffee?" Tord asked, a little too loud and abruptly, wanting off of the subject. He felt like a jerk, but he was too scared to lose Tom. Again.