8 - The Memories

(A/N) Sorry it took so long to update. I had some writers block and didn't know how to life. Hope you like it.

Tom held his arm under the faucet. The blood from the slits he had just made rushed down the drain with the water. It stung, but he didn't mind. If anything, he liked it.

As he was walking out of his bathroom, he heard a cell phone ringing. Surely, it couldn't be his, as the ringtone was Edd's Crappy Song. But wait. That was the ringtone for Tom's old cell phone, that he kept for some reason.

He headed into his bedroom and took a shoe box with the word "memories" written rather sloppily in a black permanent marker on the side off a shelf, opening it. Tom picked out his phone, from under a few pictures.

"Wow, this thing isn't dead yet?" Tom whispered to himself.

His phone showed 18% battery and the word "Commie" in big bright letters. Tord was calling him.

Tom answered and started to dig around in the box for the charger that went with the earlier generation phone. "Hello?"

"Tom! You weren't answering, I was afraid you changed number or something."

"Yeah, sorry. I was busy." Tom sat down on the floor with his back against the wall, as he plugged in his phone. "What's up?"

"I wanted to know if you would like to meet up sometime. I feel like we have a lot to discuss. You know... With... Yeah." Silence followed.

"Yeah... " Tom halfway sighed. "We should talk things out."

"Great! My place or yours?"

"Yours. It's probably best to keep Edd and Matt out of this until it's sorted through."

"You're right."

The two of them were quiet for a bit.

"Do you think we could get together again? Like, as a couple." Tord asked softly.

Tom blushed and thought for a moment. "Maybe." Tom answered, in the same soft manner as Tord.

No words followed. Tom looked down at his phone, which was black. He pressed the home button. Nothing. He knew it was dead because of this, but he held down the power button to confirm it, anyway.

Tom sat there, staring at the phone, wondering if Tord had heard his response.

"I guess the charging was slower than the dying." Tom thought to himself.

He snickered. "Just like me."

Tom looked over at the "memories" box that was set down on his bed, the lid ajar. He decided to look through the box, for old times' sake, while the phone charged.

He crawled up onto his bed and sat criss-cross, pulling the box into his lap. Not wanting to deal with this mess, he just turned over the box and let the contents spill on his bed. He spread them out, in order to get a better look.

There were a lot of pictures, which were from a polaroid camera that Edd once owned. It sadly broke four years ago. Edd was upset, but didn't want to make a big deal over it. Matt held a funeral service for it. Tom told Matt that he wanted to buy Edd a new one, for his upcoming birthday. Matt was ecstatic over the idea. (That's an understatement.) He could hardly contain it, especially in front of Edd. And of course, he eventually told Edd before his birthday.

When Tom found out that Matt told Edd, he went to his room, pulled out a small, cardboard box and gave it to Edd. He opened it and inside was the camera. Instead of packing peanuts, or something of that sort, the camera was surrounded by pictures from their adventures. Edd started crying and Tom freaked out. Before he could get a comforting word in, Edd wrapped an arm around Tom's neck and snapped a photo.