5 - The Return

(A/N) Two parts in one night again. How about that. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Tom was confused. As would anyone be. Before Eduardo's fist flew toward Tom's face, Tom shut his eyes tight. But there was no impact. He opened his eyes slowly to see a rather more confusing event.

Eduardo was now pinned to the floor with someone on top of him. They held him down with what looked to be a bright red robotic arm and they were holding a mostly black pistol to his head. Mostly black, because there was a bright red "M" symbol on the side. They were also wearing a black shirt, blue jeans, red converse, and a red jacket.

"Wow. This person seems to love the color red." Tom thought to himself.

But what really unsettled Tom, was the brown spiked up hair and that face. That full, soft, round face of the man that tore Tom apart.

Tom's tears started to fall heavier than before. "Tord?" Tom finally managed stifling the name between sobs.

Tord chuckled. "It's been a while hasn't it, Thomas?"

"It's been a while?" Tom wiped away his tears. "That's all you have to say?"

Tord didn't reply.

"You damn commie!" Tom yelled at Tord, who still had the gun ready to kill. "And put that fucking gun away!"

Tord sighed as he did as he was told and stood up. He walked over to the clearly pissed Tom. Although, Tom couldn't help, but to gasp at the sight. The entire right side of Tord's face was scarred and he wore a white eye-patch over his right eye. (Not what you're probably thinking. I mean one of those eye patches like what Ken Kaneki wore.)

The Norski smirked. "Like what you see?"

"Did... I do that?"

Tord frowned. "Does it matter?"

Tom gave a look of surprise.

"I mean-" Tord looked around the room. Everyone was still witnessing everything. "Let's talk outside." He grabbed Tom's hand and turned toward the exit.

Tom pulled his hand away from Tord. "I can walk by myself." Tom grumbled, walking ahead of Tord.

The two were now outside in an awkward silence.

Tom sniffed, still upset and with tears in his eyes. "Well?"

Tord continued to stare at Tom who was still too stubborn to look back at him, his arms crossed and eyes averted. "Forgive me."

Tom finally looked at Tord, his gaze softening. "Tord... " Tom looked away again, his eyes moving to the ground. "Why would you ask if I had done that, mattered?"

Tord himself looked away. "I mean, I was the bad guy. I betrayed you, Edd and Matt. You shot me down, so you saved the day."

Tom was sobbing again, but refused to run away from this conversation. "You were leaving again... The harpoon gun was right there, I just... I guess I just acted on impulse. I'm so sorry."

Tord looked back at Tom and took out a handkerchief, drying Tom's tears with it.

Tom laughed. "You own one of these?"

"I like to think it makes me seem classy." Tord took Tom's hand, placing the handkerchief in his palm. "Plus, now that I've given it to you to dry your tears with, I will forget it's with you. And so, I will have to retrieve it, making it impossible for us not to meet again." Tord took Tom's other hand and bowed, giving it a kiss. "I must take my leave now. I hope we will meet again soon." He then winked, turned around, and started to walk away.

Tom stood there, flustered, staring at the handkerchief. He brought the cloth up to his nose and inhaled. It smelled exactly like Tord, of cigars, hand soap, and faintly of car grease.

He walked home like that, the handkerchief held up to his nose, to smell Tord's scent, rather than for drying his tears. When he finally did make it home, he peeled off his clothes and dressed in his night clothes once again. Tom set Tord's handkerchief on his bedside table and lay back down in bed.

Maybe things would turn out to be better than hoped.

(A/N) "Blush" is such a strange sounding word, don't you think? Or is it just me? It's probably just me.