Chapter 17

Mel’s POV

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What is that? It’s really annoying. I just want to go back to sleep. I cuddle back up next to Liam and shut my eyes.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Why won’t it turn off!?

“SHIT! MELOO WE HAVE SCHOOL TODAY!” Jenna shrieks hoping out of her sleeping bag. I notice Jenna slyly removed Zayn’s arm from around her waist. I jump up and frantically search around for my phone to check the day and time. No way it’s Monday. No way. I unlock my phone at smile at the face that Louis changed my background to he and Olivia making faces. SHIT IT’S MONDAY AND 8:00. Olivia and Jen already missed their zero period thanks to me. And we are officially going to be late in 30 minutes.

“SHIT! HOLLY POO CRAP! EVERYONE UP! YOU’LL JUST BORROW MY CLOTHES! WE GOT 30 MINUTES!” I cream running around my house trying to get everything in order and get ready for school. I ask Liam to please make breakfast for the girls and I, just some frozen waffles, as I run and take a quick shower then put on my makeup. SHIT! My mom is coming back from her teacher conference today and she has no idea I had friends over.. or a boyfriend.. SHIT!

“Niall!” I say practically crashing into him, “Can we do me a HUGE favor and clean up the house hiding all evidence that we were all here?” I plead.

“Of course Mel! Anything for you!” he nods and starts to clean.

“Love you!” I say running off to get my backpack. Shit. I did not mean to say that. It’s my thank you. I say “love you” instead of “thank you”. God. I hope he figures that out…

8:23 SHIT!

We scarf down our food and run into my car. I hate traffic. I hate traffic. Everyone must have noticed my anxienty because the car was so quiet ou could have heard a feather drop. Everyone knows I hate to be late to school. Well, I don’t hate it… my mother does. If she knew I was late, I’d be grounded. Same thing if I didn’t get perfect grades… or had a boyfriend…. SHIT HOW AM I GONNA DEAL WITH THAT!? I tap my fingers impatiently on the steering wheel.

Why is there so much traffic?… It normally isn’t this bad… And why are there cops parked out front? I have a gut sinking feeling about this. No… it can’t be for my friends and I… no one knows about me dating Liam from One Direction… I don’t think… No… I’m over reacting. That can’t be for me.. No. No. I wont let it.

“CRAP WHY ARE THERE SO MANY PEOPLE!?” I yell. Different emotions spread across my friends’ faces- shocked, horrified, worried, confused. We all know why. But we refuse to admit it.

“No it can’t be…” Olivia breathes out.

“only one way to find out…” Andi says her voice a little shaky as she lowers the car window.

“ONE DIRECTION! ONE DIRECTION!” We hear.

My heart sinks to the pit of my stomach. Well if my mom didn’t know before, she’s going to find out sooner or later.

“WHO TOLD!?” I find myself exclaiming in a deep powerful voice. I wasn’t yelling, just really serious and frightened.

“Not me!” they all yell back in unison. I believe them because not one of us would want to be surrounded by cameras and fans every second of the day.

“Maybe they don’t know we are friends with them…” Jenna squeaks out in an attempt of maintaining hope. Just then the vice principal Mrs. Larsa and my drama teacher, Mrs. Brazrilo walk up to the car of my window escorted by police officers. Yes. They know.