Booktrovert/Crossroads

So we end Booktrovert with 15.6k reads, 2.12k votes and 3.42k comments which is like double the amount when compared to when IHAS got completed (7k read, 700 votes and 1.9k comments). Haven't we come a long way up? Sure, IHAS, Love came with an Umbrella and Confessions have reads a lot more than Booktrovert but none of them had this much support when they ended. Just grew after completion so this is huge.

Song attached: See you again by Wiz Khalifa ft

Song attached: See you again by Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth. Gah, it makes me cringe thinking about how emotional I get.

But here I give ya, the facts I've been dying to tell you ever since I started this book. Not. But really, I hope you enjoy. Not. (my inner voice is typing the 'not.' Don't mind it.)

As a thirteen year old (I was almost fourteen then), I started writing this story in a notebook right after I was finished with Is He A She?! (I guess I was pretty much jobless then).

Back then, I didn't know that wattpad existed. But there was this website I really loved. It was a website solely for books where the links to download pdfs of published books were available legally (they send it via emails if you request). It also had an option to write stories online. It's interface wasn't as developed as wattpad nor was it hella popular but I was planning on writing there after I was done with school. The idea of a boy being obsessed with an anonymous writer and finding her in his hometown developed because of that website. But sadly, when I searched for the website during my mid fifteen, it had been deleted (and that lead me to search for a place where I could read free books and here I am, finally on wattpad).

The notebook version of Booktrovert was actually called 'Started With A Book' but right after I posted the preface, this title flashed in my mind and I changed it into Booktrovert.

SWAB actually had two notebook versions, the first one was based on the website and the second one based on wattpad.

In the first one, Varun was a very moody boy (I know, I should stop with the moody characters but lol, I can't help it. It's just a part of me). He was rich like our Varun but he despised his home since his father, who loves water, passed away while saving a young man from drowning and his mother ends up remarrying his uncle whom he despised and hence ends up hating his mother too.

He comes back to his hometown from his boarding school because of his step dad's urges and meets Kiranya who's another Keira Wilson (KWNA lead) minus the insightful behaviour (really, that Kiranya was simply a bubbly idiot). I seriously can't imagine that. Like, at all.

And when push turns to shove, he decides to leave his home and Kiranya being impulsive, decides to take him in. When I was fourteen, I thought this was creative and unique as heck. Then I step into wattpad and realise that all Bad Boy books have plots sorta similar to this lol (now that I type this down, I see where I got my inspiration for KWNA ;)).

But I lost all inspiration for this story (like 6 chapters in) and I quit. Then I found wattpad and then, I was hit by this new inspiration. Then I took the old version, kept all the characters and changed all their personalities. But in the second version, Kiranya and Varun weren't childhood playmates. They were complete strangers.