t w e l v e

Thanks for 5k and #26 on September 1st, 2016. It made my day! C'mon guys, together let's make Booktrovert even more successful!

Song attached: Crush by David Archuleta.

   t w e l v e

   [ d a n c i n g   T i t a n i c ' s   I r i s h   d a n c e ]

Don't scroll down.

Don't scroll down.

Don't scroll down.

I'm a guy who reads books. Which sometimes includes Teen Fiction. Which, most of the times, deals only with the topic of love and peer pressure. So you could say I pretty much now doubted why my heart was having spasmic attacks in the presence of a certain silent girl and why my limbs always took a vacation to Hawaii whenever she was in a ten metre radius.

So that's why I was here, in front of my computer with the tab loading some really embarrassing stuff.

Don't scroll down.

Don't scroll down.

Don't scroll down.

My eyes trailed down ignoring my chanting but before it could see the checklist, I pressed my eyes shut.

Yeah, checklist.

For what?

Oh nothing much. Just surfing in the internet to see if I was actually suffering from the L syndrome. Looked like there were many pathetic idiots like me on planet Earth since there was so many results, so many websites for people to 'find' if they had feelings for other people.

And right now, clad in a white unbleached tee and khaki shorts, I felt like I was going on war against armoured Vikings as I contemplated whether I should man up and just go through that goddamn checklist and end this agony or if I should let nature take it's course.

And no, I wasn't talking about nature taking course with my bladder.

Pfft, too many 'nature calls' scenarios.

I ran a hand through my hair trying to decide what to do since this was disturbing my life to unimaginable levels but by the end of 'figuring the best way out,' I was messing up my hair, pulling, pushing, spinning, ruffling, matting and simply increasing my years of balding.

"Just screw everything!"

"Screw what?"

I whirled around in my revolving chair to see Yuvan stand there. He was in his sunday casuals which majority consisted of a baseball cap and shorts with any Marvel superhero tee since according to him, those T-shirts powered him during our sunday cricket matches. My eyes widened and I cursed in some... colourful words that were too bad for innocent ears as I forgot that we had a cricket match with the twelfth graders.

"Yo."

Yuvan followed my every move with his eyes as I scampered across the room trying to find any decent pants. Where the hell are laundered clothes when you need them?!

"How to know if you like someone or if you're just plain lonely," his voice read in the background and I froze.

"Dude, what the hell are you doing?!" I shouted in horror as I watched Yuvan read the contents of the tab. "This is violating the bro code!"