f o u r

Song attached: Crazier by Taylor Swift (I personally think that this song [and a few more] suit this story perfectly xD And the lyrics are just mega awesome. I also love the movie. Not exactly a Miley Cyrus fan but hey, that girl has talent)

I'm too impatient for my own good >.< Updated next monday's chapter right now so you guys better comment a lot, okay? 😂

Glossary:-

Thambi - little brother

Posted on: June 22nd, 2016

                                            f o u r

                                        [ h e l i u m ]

BookManiac12's words echoed through me though it's been more than a day since she said. Unlike lucky students of the western countries, we only had Sunday as the 'weekend.' Saturday was also a full working day so I had to waste my precious one day off from school to try and figure out her name.

For a long time?

Heck, was that even a clue? If so, it's a really unfair one because I know countless names since I was old enough and to pick a single one from it—BookManiac12 is totally unfair.

Trying to work on my quiff and realising that it was pretty much useless, I just combed the hair a little back so that it won't fall on my eyes.

And since my parents had to leave early from some business thingy, I tied my tie myself and though it looked more than pathetic, I set to school.

With dark bags under my eyes, my crinkled uniform shirt, which looked like it hasn't been washed for months after being used as a body wipe by a really filthy hippopotamus, covering my torso, already baggy pants hanging more baggy around my hips, a tie which was knotted more or less like a suicide rope around my neck instead of a tie and an unpolished black school shoe that had mud all over it, I walked out of my room.

Our head servant, Mani looked like he just saw a ghost when he took my unkempt appearance. Obviously I looked like a broke, homeless guy wearing his 'worstest' (not a word, but I like to imagine myself as the next Shakespeare) clothes ever.

"Thambi..." he dragged as he looked up and down, too shocked for his own good.

I flashed him a smile and started walking towards the gates but he stopped me.

"You're going to school looking like that?! Madam will kill me if she comes to know I sent you to school like this. Please go change it at once."

I looked at the tiny old man who had been serving my family long before I had even born and who's wife was my babysitter during my diaper days till I went to Riverside.

"Tell her that I was in a hurry if she asks anything." I smiled again as I patted both his shoulders.

And before the old man can stop me, I shot him a salute and almost ran out of my gate.

*

*

*

"I couldn't figure it out," I announced as soon as I sat on my place, my body turned to meet BookManiac12's corpse eyes.

She didn't reply but for a fraction of a fraction of a second, and I seriously don't know if I imagined it, her eyes had something like disappointment.