t h r e e

Thanks for 1.01k (on June 15th, 2016) To see that it attained 1k that soon (and to think how hard it was to get 1k during Is He A She?! 's initial days haha), I feel super happy. Thanks again :) VIRTUAL PARTY TIME!!

Posted on: June 20th, 2016

                                              t h r e e

                                         [ c o u n t i n g ]

BookManiac12's black eyes looked back at me point blank.

"Excuse me?"

Her stoic stare somehow made my skin crawl and the zero recognition she showed in her face when I mentioned her username wasn't helping me either.

Wow, when I fantasized— ahem, tried to picture this girl, she was all rainbows and unicorns. But now, sitting in front of me, she had this dark cloud pouring down buckets just over her. Do not, I repeat, do not judge a book by it's cover. Or in my case, beautifu— ahem, okay-ish smile.

"Earth to, buddy," the girl next to BookManiac12 said.

I glanced at the girl. Warm, brown eyes stared back at me as the girl ran a hand through equally brown hair which were held tightly in a ponytail.

"Well, I'd love to see you students chit chat but I've a class to finish," the bald teacher grumbled behind us. "Ram, go sit beside Ajay. Let the new kid take the spot beside Yuvan."

A boy stood from the twin seater in front of BookManiac12's bench and walked to the front of the class, muttering something under his breath. Not before shooting a scathing glare at me.

Probably cursing me for making him end up in the first bench. Well nice to meet you too, Ram.

"Mind taking your seat, sir? I don't have all day." The teacher turned back towards the blackboard.

"Uh... 'kay."

Awesome first conversations. Way to go, Varun.

I sat down in front of BookManiac12. I felt numeroud eyes bore into my back but I was darn sure none of them belonged to my favourite writer in Wattpad.

I tried to glance back at BookManiac12 as the teacher drilled on and on about things I've already been taught at my old school.

"Stop staring at her, weirdo," the guy beside me whispered.

I turned to find the source of the voice. The guy beside me was glaring at me, a scowl plastered on his face. Locks of black, mild curls covered his ears and forehead. Lanky hands were clutched into fists and though a guy wouldn't be happy to hear it, this dude looked adorable.

"Dude!" the guy hissed, "stop looking at me with those eyes. They are so damn creepy."

Creepy. Juvenile much?

I gave the boy one of my brightest smile, before whispering back. "I love my eyes, buddy. Who cares if a total stranger finds it creepy or whatnot? At least, I don't share my eye colour with ninety five percent of the population."

And with that, I turned my gaze back to the teacher.

Seriously Varun, awesome first conversations. Keep it up.

•••

"C'mon BookManiac12, tell me your name. Pretty please!" I asked for the hundredth time.