t e n

Song attached: Matt Defreitas cover of Heathens // Ride by Twenty one pilots (Thanks Evie EvelynMysteryScott for introducing me to this amazing boy :'))

Dedication to the new reigning queen of Humour genre and a sweet girl at heart, Sou ( soumya_agrawal ). She's a complete darling, seriously x

                                                 t e n

                                       [ s u r p r i s e ]

"I see that you've stopped being a clumsy klutz."

Kiranya glanced at me with a raised eyebrow, her hands continued cleaning the blackboard with the duster.

"You haven't got any bruises lately," I pointed out as I rocked on the balls of my feet.

She didn't say anything but her grip on the duster faltered for a second. "And your updates have become less frequent," I continued and this time she shot me a seething glare.

"Writer's block."

I shut my mouth knowing very well that she'd burst if I pushed her buttons too much. It's been a few days after my surprise meeting with Kiranya's dad. And though I've been hanging around at her place most of the time, I hadn't seen him yet. I could very well ask Kiranya herself but then minding that she isn't exactly the most friendly person out there, I resisted my growing urge to know her more.

"Why don't you ever use my name?" I asked when the silence stretched uncomfortably, making me feel like a third wheel while Kiranya caressed and fondled that ugly board.

"Why don't you ever shut up?" she asked instead and I stuck my tongue out.

She gave me a sly sideways look and I noticed the small tugging of the corners of her lips, amusement clearly colouring her eyes making it look like a black stormy cloud.

"Real mature, helium."

And you guessed it right. I just smiled back like an utter idiot still unsure why I felt like something heavy was lifted from my heart every time Kiranya so much as gave me a small — a very, very, small smile.

When her job was done, she gathered her things and her backpack and I got mine. She excused herself to report to our class teacher to inform that she had done her duties. Seriously, class duties were a pain in the rear. I've only had class duties once in these few days but heck, the loneliness of cleaning the classroom all alone wasn't exactly my cup of tea. I'm the 'life of the party' kind. Not the 'I wipe the board with a toothbrush lookalike duster in utter silence' kind.

It was surprising how Kiranya actually let me stay there—annoy in her language but let's sugarcoat it—as she completed her job. 

"Are you free today?" I asked once she returned.

"Why?" she mumbled as we walked across the school ground.

Pumping my fist in my mind for getting a decent answer from Miss Tight lipped, I continued. "I've got to show you something."

"And that is?" She hitched her bag a little higher and continued walking, her steps not slowing down even a little. The school gates were on sight and I chastised myself to hurry since I only had till the gate to explain myself.

"It's a surprise!"

Shit! It is something really lame and now you just heightened her expectations!