Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Ethan's P.O.V

Prom approached faster than I expected. The days turned into weeks and today was finally the day of prom. It was currently lunchtime and I was at Connor's house playing games. Since Leah and Maya wanted all four of us to drive to prom together, I decided to just chill and get ready at Connor's.

The plan consisted of the limo that Leah rented coming to pick us up first at Connor's house, then we'd drive over to Maya's house to pick them up. That way, they'd have more time to get ready.

"Can you believe that they've already started getting ready?" Connor says, "prom is not for another 7 hours."

"What do you expect?" I laughed, "I guess girls just take longer to get ready."

He shrugged. "I'm just grateful that she didn't make me come and wait with her."

"Maya doesn't take long to do her makeup. I'd probably wait forty-five minutes max," I began playing with the lid of my drink, "besides, she doesn't need that much makeup."

Connor shook his head. "I've texted and called Leah at least five times, and she hasn't even answered me."

"I take that they're busy right now," I replied, "probably doing their hair or something."

He sighed. "At least Maya replies to you!"

"Let's make the best out of this situation. We haven't played a game of Call of Duty in ages man."

Connor smiled at me. "If this is a way of you asking to get your ass beat again, then it'll be my pleasure."

I couldn't help but laugh. Despite being the student body president and incredibly smart, it was a well-known fact that Connor couldn't win a game of Call of Duty to save his life.

"Here you go," I said, handing him a remote.

- - -

The limo pulls up in front of Maya's house and I take a quick look at the side-view mirror, making my final adjustments before grabbing the corsage I bought for her.

"You got her a corsage?" Connor asked.

"Yeah," I replied, "aren't you supposed to get Leah one?"

"I don't remember her telling me to bring any flower over."

"She did. They both did," I answered.

Maya was very specific about what type of flower and color she wanted. A flower with a deep red color, not too bright because it won't match the shade of her dress, she repeated for the nth time.

"Fuck. I forgot," Connor cursed, "she's going to kill me."

"I can already imagine it," I laughed.

"Totally not helping, dude," he said, "I'll pay you fifty bucks for the corsage. Maya's more forgiving than Leah."

"Hell no. There is no way I'm getting into another argument with Maya, especially for fifty bucks."

"Okay," Connor took a deep breath, "I'll give you a hundred for it."

"Not going to happen, dude."

Making my way to the front of her door, I could feel the palm of my hands start to sweat.

"Dude, you look like you're about to pass out any moment now," Connor says.

"I'm meeting her parents for the first time!"