Chapter 17

Chapter 17
Maya's P.O.V

I applied the finishing touches of my makeup before shoving all the essentials into my bag. Normally, I would wake up early enough to take my time but considering that I came back late yesterday, I barely had enough sleep.

Within less than twenty minutes, I was fully dressed and heading for the elevator.

Relief washed over my face as I still see some students heading out of their room. I walked quickly to the elevator, and the moment the doors flung open, I see Ethan with a bright smile plastered across his face. He was wearing a polo shirt and a pair of shorts which emphasized his big build.

He reaches out and pulls me into the elevator, breaking me out of my thoughts, or before I finished checking him out. I quickly looked away, but his amusement was obvious. He definitely knew that I was staring at him.

As I stood momentarily, I felt his strong arms wrap around my body. "You look beautiful today."

I leaned against his body and whispered into his ears. "You do too."

"Is that why you were checking me out earlier?"

I glared at him then playfully pushed against his chest, but it wasn't enough to make him stumble. To my relief, the elevator opened to reveal Ms. Wilson hectically counting down all the students.

Within another ten minutes of waiting, we familiarized ourselves with the tour guides and were now sitting inside the bus.

The ride took no longer than half an hour. As we piled off the bus and headed inside the theatre, one tour guide was already inside waiting for us. He told us to help ourselves to some complimentary snacks and tea on a nearby table.

While eating, I remained silent as they informed us about one of the most famous theatres in Paris - The Théâtre de la Ville.

My mind raced with excitement as we were given the opportunity to walk around and explore the place. I couldn't help but notice how big the building was. There were aisles among aisles of red, plush folded seats that were once filled with excited audiences.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Ethan said. He smiled at me, and I was sure my stomach just flew right out the window.

I nodded in agreement.

"Want to hear a funny joke?"

"What?"

"I think I'm the spotlight, and you're the light crew," he said, "because you turn me on."

If I didn't control myself, I was confident that I would have spat out the sparkling water that I was sipping on.

After we had our fun, we were instructed to sit and face the stage for a surprise. Some were excitedly socializing while others remained silent, seemingly on the verge of boredom as nothing was happening.

The sound of tapping on a microphone echoed through the room and captured everyone's attention. Moments later, Ms. Wilson and the tour guide climbed onto the stage.

"Since we are learning about Ernest Hemingway's A Moveable Feast," she said, "these talented actors have created a short musical that captures the essence of the book."

Ms. Wilson continues. "For the next hour, you'll experience an excellent performing art that's full of spirit and passion."

I watched from the velvety theatre chair in the middle of the auditorium. One of my hands wrapped around Ethan's as he rested his head on my shoulder.

The performers take a second or two to get into character and right before my eyes, I was watching a live performance of A Movable Feast accompanied by glorious music.