Chapter 16

Chapter 16
Maya's P.O.V

Seemingly hours later, the pilot spoke into the plane intercom, announcing that we'd be landing in twenty minutes. We gathered all our items as I try to hold in my excitement.

Walking out of the plane, I was surprised that the pilot had come out of his cabin to greet all the passengers - and when I say all, I mean every single one.

"Have a wonderful day," he repeated.

Leah catches up to me and links her arm in mine, looking at me with a wide grin on her face. The idea of being in Paris for a week left me feeling like I was on cloud nine. I couldn't wait to enjoy the long breakfasts, sitting by the balcony of the hotel, and a whole lot of sightseeing.

After a long and hectic episode at the airport, we finally managed to get out of the airport. Disembarking onto the bus and to the hotel that Ms. Wilson booked for us, I get a whiff of a familiar masculine scent.

I turned around to see Ethan taking the seat beside me. I shifted in my place so that I was facing the window. Too caught up in the burst of my excitement, I tried to take in all the scenery that we passed.

Was it just me or that every turn that the bus made brought another surprise in my eyes?

Once I broke out of my trance, I came to realize that Ethan has slipped his arms from my shoulders and was now encircled around my waist. Maybe I had been too busy staring at all the sceneries that Paris offered that I didn't even notice.

He lowered his lips towards mine, and I was very tempted to kiss him.

Oh, fuck it.

I leaned closer and pulled him in for a kiss, catching him by surprise. I could tell he was shocked at my sudden burst of confidence, but what can I say. He was too adorable, and I was way too intrigued by him.

I regained my composure and focused back on the scenery.

The bus ride was a short thirty minutes before we stopped in front of a large hotel with the name Hôtel Louvre Bons Enfants plastered in front. Was I the only one who read every French word with a French accent?

The temperature was warm but still had enough wind to consider it a breezy day.

"This hotel reminds me of Princess Diaries," Leah said, surveying the garden surrounding the hotel.

Now that she mentioned it, I could see the resemblance.

The lobby was classy in the most classy way possible. If anything, I would have considered it a little too fancy for my taste. The floor was covered with fine marble tiles, which created a loud echo, especially if you were wearing heels. Chandeliers were hanging above, silk sofas for guests to sit, and a large flat-screen television to display images of the hotel itself.

The room followed a refined color palette of pristine white and a hint of gold throughout. There was a bright haute couture design going on. On the walls hung exquisite paintings, and the door handles were engraved with elegant designs.

The first thing I did was gape at the marvelous interior. I very much hope that my mouth wasn't hanging wide open, but I was too perplexed to do anything.

From the tall reception desk, a man with a thick French accent handed our keys. I took it with a smile on my face, spotting Leah standing by the window and gazing outside at the street.

By the time we settled down into our room, it was already afternoon. With the rest of the day free, Leah decided she wanted to spend the day with Connor. I didn't protest, knowing I was going to do the same with Ethan.