Chapter 14

Chapter 14
Maya's P.O.V

It seems almost surreal that I'm wearing pyjama pants, a hoodie, and a pair of flip flops to sneak out at midnight. Never in a million years would I think I'd ever sneak out anywhere, let alone sneak out to be with Ethan Morrison in Rome. Not that I was complaining.

I had already told Leah about night's meetup, resulting in a high-pitched scream from her. In exchange for her looking out for me, she demanded that I tell her every single detail afterwards. She spent a minute or two digging around in her suitcase.

"Here, keep this." She said before handing me a couple of condoms.

"God, Leah!"

"What?"

I rolled my eyes at her.

"It's just in case anything happens. I want you to be safe!" She defended.

"Why do you even have this much condoms in your suitcase?"

A small smirk appeared on her face. "You don't want to know."

I took the condoms she gave me and shoved it in my bag so she would stay quiet, but I had no intention of using it. I never really thought about having sex with Ethan, probably because I never thought I was going to get a chance to get with him.

I stepped off the elevator, and the emptiness of the lobby makes me feel uneasy. Looking around trying to find Ethan, I failed to notice that he was standing behind me the whole time.

"Maya," A voice said that made me startle.

I turn around to see Ethan standing behind a plant, dressed in a large black hoodie and some sweatpants. Only he could wear something so dull and still look incredibly handsome. I decided to push those thoughts aside before I come off looking like a creep for staring.

"I thought you take punctuality very seriously," he said.

"Sorry, I don't have any experience when it comes to sneaking out of my hotel room at midnight."

"A good girl, huh?"

"Always will be." I smiled.

He takes a step closer to me and reaches his arms around my waist. "Are you ready?"

Taking my hand into his, he intertwined our fingers as we head out the door.

In front of the hotel was a white Vespa and two helmets. The air leaves my lungs as I'm left standing and watching him get the bike ready. He uses his feet to pull up the kickstand and waits for me.

"Are we going on that?" I asked in disbelief.

Ethan's mouth cracked into a grin, a teasing glint in his eyes. "What better way to explore the city?"

I grin as I got onto the bike, settling comfortably behind Ethan.

"I'm guessing you haven't been on many motorbikes," he says with a deep voice.

"How'd you know?"

"I can tell." He says, pulling his jacket around me. My body goes limp as I take a deep whiff of his aromatic masculine scent. I force myself to banish all unhealthy thoughts that flashed through my mind.

Once he started driving, the pleasant smell of the night air hits my face. I turn around to take one last glance. Though there wasn't much wind, the temperature was still cold as hell. After confirming that the coast was clear, he started picking up speed.

I felt more relaxed than I have in a long time, exploring the glamourous city of Rome for the last time before we leave tomorrow morning.

It was kind of sad knowing that this was probably going to be the only time I get to visit Rome, but I really wish it wasn't. Although we had to get up early in the morning to catch our flight, I was more than happy and willing to sacrifice my sleep to spend most of the night with Ethan as possible.