What now?

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I sat up. Too quickly for my head's liking which made me feel like crap when I fell back down anyways. I got to get out of here and call Toby. Toby. Toby.

"I wouldn't suggest trying to get up again if I were you." The angel voice came back into my head which reminds me that that bitch is gonna get it later... Later is when I can keep my balance.

"You want to tell me what happened to you? I honestly don't believe you tripped on the carpet."

Yeah me either.

"Well I did." I lied easily.

"Really? How did that happen when the carpet is on the other side of the hallway? Did you trip on the carpet and magically appear 10 feet away from that area?"

"I guess so."

"Don't lie to me!" His screaming made my head wanna scream. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell."

I heard footsteps coming closer and a figure appearing from the shadows. What I saw was an angel. He must be to be one to be that gorgeous. His grey eyes and black hair matched with his suit he was wearing which fit him in all the right places. I guess he caught me staring because he start chuckling which made my heart start pounding louder than my head.

"Like what you see princess?" He licked his lips, smirked and came to sit on the bed with me. "Tell me what really happened," he said as he came dangerously close to my face. "Please?"

I was about to but then I remembered what Veronica said. She can't be bluffing because she couldn't have known about Victor otherwise so I bit my tongue and lied again.

"I don't know. I can't remember."

"But you said you tripped on the carpet?"

"That's what she told me so I guess that's what happened. I really can't remember. Where is she anyways?" I asked curiously thinking she would be waiting for me to torture me some more.

"She went to work and she'll be back around 8 tonight so maybe you should get some rest before then. I think she said she wants to talk to you before you go to sleep today, something about rules or whatever. Do you want me to take you to the hospital to check that out?" He said with a concerned look.

"No! No. I mean no thanks. I hate hospitals, doctors, or anything related to that. And especially medicine, I won't take it."

"Well it looks like it's healing. It's not that bad but I still think you should get some rest." He suggested while briefly looking at my lips. He came closer and brushed his thumb across my cheek and when I thought he was going to kiss me, he got off the bed and walked out.

"Hey. Wait." I called out.

He came back and asked, "What?"

"What just happened?"

"What just happened?" He repeated my question and started to walk away again when I called out for him to wait.

I tried to get out of bed but ended up falling off it anyways and he ran to help me up and felt my forehead.

"You're burning up. I'm taking you to the hospital."

"No-"

"No buts. You're going. End of discussion."

---------------------------------------------

"Am I going to live?" I joked but his face told me that it wasn't funny.

"You have a minor concussion! This is not the time to be joking around!"

"Well then can you not scream at me!" I yelled back making my head internally hate me for it.