"You could say they're parents were very uninspired."

"What would you name your kid then Megumi?" She asked offhandedly.

Megumi's cheeks turned pink and he shrugged. Hinata, understanding the nature of the question flushed an identical pink.

Before anything else could be said, the bell rang and the teacher walked in.

Hinata turned back to the front and started to copy the notes, ignoring the small stutter of her heart that, for once, had nothing to do with her health.

🏅🌻🏅🌻🏅🌻🏅🌻🏅🌻🏅🌻🏅🌻

"Hinata, I need to talk to you." A familiar voice that she had managed to avoid for a while entered her hearing.

She grimaced and turned back to see Hideaki.

"Yes?" She asked testily.

He gestured to an empty classroom and she sighed, feeling deja vu but following anyway.

"Now what is it?" She repeated.

"You shouldn't be around those Sohma's." He said quietly.

"The Sohma's are good, kind people. Can't you even find it within yourself to call them by their names?" Hinata shot back.

Hideaki took a calming breath and continued on, "You don't know them like I do."

"And when exactly did you meet them?" She asked angrily.

Hideaki went quiet, realizing his mistake.

"You're doing it again." She snapped.

"Hinata-"

"No, it seems everyone is in on this little secret that I was left out on. What exactly is everyone keeping from me?" Hinata asked loudly.

"You don't understand." Hideaki sighed.

"How do you know?" She cried out, "Everyone is keeping these damn secrets! Why does Momiji call me Heart Girl and why do I always want to call him Bunny Boy? Why does he know so much about me? More than I know myself? Why does Megumi always look at me sadly? Why do you hate the Sohma's so much?" She yelled.

"It's nothing important. We'll be leaving soon anyway," Hideaki snapped.

Hinata took a deep breath before staring at him dead in the eye.

"I'm not going to leave."

"What?" Hideaki asked, stepping closer, eyes wide in disbelief.

"I'm not leaving." She repeated, eyes defiant.

"And why not?" He snapped.

"This place, I know it. Somehow it all seems so familiar. I think this is the thing I need to remember everything." She murmured, a glaze of desperation in her honey brown eyes.

"Your past? That's what this is about? I already told you-"

"I don't believe you." She hissed. "I remember when you drugged me after grandma died so I forgot what I had been thinking, but I remember now."

Hideaki stared at her blankly, fists clenched and sweat beading.

Looking him dead in the eye, Hinata's face grew cold. "You aren't my real family."

A split second later, a stinging pain in her cheek and head whipped to the side, Hinata grit her teeth as tears came into her eyes.

Hideaki stood still, his hand still raised from when he slapped her. He lowered it slowly and stared.

"I'm not going back with you." She repeated.

"You don't get a say in the matter." Hideaki said simply.

Hinata closed her eyes before taking a deep breath.

A moment later Hideaki was sprawled on the ground, holding his bloody nose, Hinata's hand throbbed so much she nearly cried, yet she stood her ground.

Glittering brown eyes glared down at him as she remained defiant.

"I am not going with you. Go to hell Hideaki." She spat before marching to the door, pausing for a moment. "I'm staying with Momiji and Yuki. If you come over there and try to make me leave," her eyes slid to his, "I will file to be made a legal adult. I promise you, if that happens, you will never see me again."

"I'm not giving up." Hideaki muttered, hand still holding his nose.

"Neither am I." Hinata raised her chin and looked down at him, "There's something you all are keeping from me. I'm going to find out what it is, and no obsessive idiot is going to keep me from that.

Hideaki stared at her and propped himself up on a desk. "I'm not giving up." He repeated.

Hinata looked at him at that moment and smiled before turning away.

"Goodbye Hideaki." She murmured and walked out the door, leaving him and an invisible weight that left her as soon as she crossed the door.

For once, she wouldn't be the one to watch as everyone left her behind.

This time, Hinata was going to be the one to walk into her future, and hopefully, find out some of her past.

___________________________________

Yay! Punch him Hinata!

This chapter is long overdue, I'm sorry it took so long ^_^ but I decided to finish it tonight because I can follow people back again! It suddenly just started working so... yay!

Enjoy!