Chapter One

The GLAIVE

The GLAIVE

Chapter One

When I was a young girl every night my mother would tell me stories of long ago about the Gods we called Glaives. It was said that the earth more than 1000 years ago had once been nothing but cinder and ash. A time when only a hand full of humans had roamed the earth. The earth had been dying, humans were the reason for the earth to turn lifeless. As the earth had drawn her everlasting breath, a storm of meteor had struck the earth.
In total there were eight meteors that had struck all parts of the earth. As if the Earth hadn't been through enough already. But with the storm came the calm. A wash of relief came as the Glaives emerged from their sleeping chambers that we had though were mere meteors. The Glaives where God like creatures that had come from another earth-like planet. They had come to save the dying planet that we had destroyed. The Glaives had powers of all elements that make up life. These elements were earth, water, air, thunder, fire, light, dark, and space and time. These powers made earth and man.
The Glaives restored the earth to its former self. Although there was one thing that had obstructed their mission. The population of human life. The Glaive Andromida who cherished and loved humans could not stand to see them die out. With her powers she gave the Glaives and humans the power to reproduce. It is side that this is how the present humans gained their powers. We are the decedents of the humans that once destroyed the Earth and the Glaives that once saved it. Although it's hard to believe because the Glaives vanished over 500 years ago. It is said that the Glaive Andromida had summoned the Glaives to live in another dimension until the Earth had once again needed them. But because of the power that the Glaives gave them they could now save themselves. But my mother wasn't naive she knew that one day the humans would need their help once again. Humans destroy everything they tough, be it nature or themselves.
I, on the other hand, believe that if humans needed their help again it would be for both their sake to protect what really matters.
"Celestie Lyra Galatea, I am pleased to inform you of your acceptance into the Academy for Hero's! We await your arrival on March 3rd." The women on the other line hung up after repeating the date three more time.
"OMG! I can't believe this is happening." I sigh as I fell back into my chair. It had been 6 months since my grandfather kicked me out of the family. Mom had helped me behind his back to help stabilize my life for me. In all honesty I wish I could just live as a normal human being. But it's hard when you are kicked to the curb with nothing. So my mom had pulled some strings to get me settled in with my new lonely life.
Her intention was not to enroll me into an Academy for Hero's but instead an Academy for Villains. My family are renowned for being great villains. I on the other hand unfortunately have no interest in doing crime. But my powers were extraordinary. I had more power than my siblings. My grandpa had wanted me to become a villain like him. But I turned him down as a result he banished me and threw me out like a dog. Now I live in a rundown apartment and working three jobs just to survive.
Luckily for me my mom still cared and helped me by getting me into the Academy of Hero's. The Academy was designed to train new generations of Hero's. I was not please about this because for one my family were Villains not Hero's, I wouldn't know one thing about becoming a hero. If my grandfather found out about this he would be outraged and probably send someone to come and kill me. But I guess mom was thinking that I would be safe if I was living in a dorm where there was Hero's at every corner. Maybe one of them would be able to protect me. But knowing my family it would be hard.
My family try to avoid dealing with Hero's because they see it as a hassle which i fully understand. I once got with a Hero back in the day when I was still a part of my family as a Villain. It wasn't fun, I had to fight even though I didn't want to. So hopefully I don't have to deal with too much fighting in the Academy.
BOOM!! A loud sound blasted outside my house. I run to the balcony to see what it was. I looked but there was nothing, maybe I was hearing things? I tried to look harder. It was then that I saw something come out from the clouds in the sky. I squint my eyes to see what was falling out of the sky. It was hard to point out.
"I got to get a closer look!" I grabbed my coat and shoes and ran outside. I look up at the sky again
"It's heading to the shore!" I grabbed my bicycle from my shed outside. I peddled my way thought the streets of my town called Meria. It was a small town on the outskirts of Evgenia my country. It was also the home to the palace that the prince himself lived in. It was small but very livly, it was the capital of Evgenia. As I pass by the large gothic buildings I feel a surge of security. This is the place that I've lived my life in, it was a beautiful and magical place that was filled with beauty and romance. The perfect place to be in.
"It should be just around this corner" I say to myself as I turn the corner. The smell of salt water filled my lungs. I breathe it in deeply. The ocean was beautiful at night. The way the water reflected the moon and the stars. It was like the water had become a part of the galaxy. The air and temperature was just right as well.
"Now where is this thing that was flying" I look up to see the thing that was still falling. If I didn't live any closer it would have hit the grown already. I get off my bike to get closer to where the thing falling from the sky would land. I had to go into the ocean.
"OOSHI" I winced at the coldness of the water. I walk a little ways until I was semi under the thing that was falling. The water was to my waist.
Good thing I'm not wearing my good shorts. I look up once again, the falling object was slightly closer that it once had been. It was a dark figure that seemed like it had a cloth of some type. Because It was fluttering while it was falling. The closer it go the more I could tell what it was. I gasped.
"A human body!" I was so surprised. Why would a body be falling from the sky? What should I do? In my head I contemplated on what I should be doing. I decided to use my powers to save the person who may or may not be dead. I closed my eyes and stretched out my arms and focused as I imagined the falling person. As I imagined the person I started to feel the surge of energy emerging from my body. It was time. I open my eyes and focused all my energy on slowing down the velocity that the person was falling. Gradually i had gained control of the person. I lowered the person down to my level. I could tell who the person was now.
It was a boy with bright red hair and the symbol of a V on his chest. I was astounded, this was the most famous super hero in the capital. His name was Vermilion, he's the youngest hero. The most mysterious part was that he never gave his identity. All hero's now normally share their identity but he was different. It never occurred to me that he would be falling from the sky in the middle of the night. I look closely at him, was he dead?
"Hey are you dead?" I ask waving my hand over his face. No response. I lowered him more so that he was now in my arms. I had my arms around him bridle style. I used the hand that wasn't wrapped around his shoulder and flicked some water onto his face. His eyebrows twitched. I let out a sigh of relief.
"Thank god! If the people of Meria lost their favorite super Hero it would be a disaster" I looked at him again, he had on his mask so I couldn't tell much from his features. I bet he would be good looking if he didn't have his mask on. If only he didn't have his mask on.
"NONONO" I squeezed my eyes shut, I can't be having these thoughts. I peeked my eyes at him. He looked as if he was having a really bad dream. I could tell that his eyebrows were forded because of the creases on his forehead. It was as if he was in pain... pain!? I looked his body up and down to see if he was hurt. I was right, he had an injury on his stomach and was bleeding out. My initial thought was to get him out of the water. So I did.
"You're so damn heavy!!" I struggled to get him out of the water luckily the shore wasn't to far from where we were. Once we were on the sand, away from the water, I sat him down. There was a lot of blood flowing out from him.
"Now how to I lift his shirt up to look at how bad his wound is?" I patted down his body to find if there was a zipper of if the shirt was attached to his pants. This was making me feel like I was a pervert. Ewe! How Awkward! Finally I had found the zipper! It was a hidden one on the side of his shirt. I unzipped it and pulled his shirt off. The wound was deep the blood was pouring form his lower abdomen. I winced at the sight. While looking at his wound I could see a glowing goo that was pouring out of his wound.
"What is that?! What happen to you?" I look back at his face, I could tell he was in pain. I took off my jacket and put pressure on the wound.
"I got to get you to a Hospital" suddenly I felt something grab a hold of my hand. I screeched as I turn to see him, his eyes were open and staring right at me. My heart stared to beat real fast as I got lost in his emerald green eyes. His mouth open slightly like he was about to say something.
"Hey are you OK?" I ask hoping he would reply. He griped my arm tighter pulling me closer to him.
"D....don't" I leaned my ear in to listen to him more closely "Don't take me to the Hospital" My mind went blank as I heard his words. He must had hit his head somehow because if I had an injury like his I would totally would want to go to the hospital.
"Wha- Why?" I asked "If I don't take you to the hospital you could bleed out and die!" His eyes looked as if they were about to close.
"Just don't... please." His hand went limp while his eyes closed. It was if he had died. I started to freak out. What if he was actually dead what do I do?! I felt his neck for a pulse. I felt a slight beat.
"Oh thank good there was a pulse" I tied the sleeves of my jacket around him to keep pressure on his body. "Where should I take you then?" If I took him to the hospital, I have no idea what could happen. If I took him back to my home I'm positive he would bleed to death. I thought for a second. Then it came to me an idea! I'll take him to my old friend who lives close by. She had the powers of healing how convenient. I used my powers to lift him while I kept pressure on his wound. I also grabbed my bike. I wanted to avoid all contact with anyone. If they saw him like this... I don't know what would happen. I look back at him, I could tell that he was getting worse.
"I have to hurry!"