Chapter 1: First Sight

"Ashley! Get down here you're going to be late for school!" my mom yelled from her room. I groaned and dragged myself out of bed... and when I say I "dragged myself" I mean I dragged myself. I crawled to my bathroom and completely regretted that 5 hour Netflix session that had me up until 5AM... but then again I really didn't regret it. I stood up slowly and looked at the mirror and froze. Jesus Christ I look like I came back from the dead. Yikes!! I better get going. After I used the bathroom, I applied my usual makeup look. Eyeshadow, mascara, highlighter, and some foundation. I started walking into my room when I realized that I forgot to do my math homework. "SHIT!" I shouted in a whisper. Oh well, Lisa will probably give me the answers during lunch. I slid on my black v-neck, white ripped jeans, and put my adidas superstars on. I leave my hair down today naturally wavy and head downstairs with my 10 pound backpack on my back. "Good morning sunshine!" my mom placed a kiss on my cheek. I just groaned in response, which I admit sounded rude but I didn't intend it to be. My little brother was riding his skateboard across the living room towards me and ran over my toes. "OUCH ARE YOU JOKING ME JAKE CAN YOU NOT!" I screamed in pain. He smirked and ran out the door to catch the bus before mom busted him. I rolled my eyes and turned back to my mom. "Sweetie guess what today is?" she sang. "Friday?" I said with my mouth stuffed with my toast. "Well yes...but our new neighbors are moving in today!" I rolled my eyes. It's probably going to be some annoying family with 6 babies that I'm going to have to babysit someday. Ugh, I wish a hot guy would move in, that would be way better. "Plus, I'm planning to invite them over tomorrow for dinner as a welcoming to the neighborhood!" she said with the cheesiest smile. Of course she did, what a mom thing to do. I checked my phone and realized I had to get going. "Okay mom love you bye!" I exclaimed after placing a quick kiss on her cheek. I was running to the door when I looked over at the table. There was a picture of my dad and I when I was 7, on the beach building sandcastles. My vision blurred as tears started to form in my eyes. God I miss him. I shook it off and continued fast walking towards the door. I got in my car and blasted G-eazy while I drove to school. When I got to school I saw Lisa standing with Trevor. "Damn Ash you look fire today!" Lisa says in a flirty voice with a smirk on her face. I laughed at her expression."Nice one Lisa." I looked over at her boyfriend Trevor and he smiled at me. He was such a cutie, Lisa was so lucky to be dating him. The bell rang and I groaned as I dreadfully walked towards English with Lisa. I sat in my seat and buried my face in my hands, almost falling asleep. I finally looked up and froze. Matthew James. God was he gorgeous. He walked over to his seat and turned around with his nice, brown gelled back hair facing towards my direction. I've known him for such a long time, yet I doubt he knows I exist. I sighed sadly knowing that I'll never win him over. He walked over to the seat next to me and turned his head to look at me. Matt's smile made my heart melt. His teeth were so perfect, shiny, and white and I just couldn't handle him. I smiled back but quickly turned away before I started blushing. Oh but wait I forgot... he has a girlfriend. That brat Victoria Steuben. I don't understand what he sees in her, she's the most rude and snobby person I've ever met. I groaned and faced forward for hell to start. School went by so slow today and I swear I was almost dead by the end of the day. "Ash are we hanging out today???" Lisa asked anxiously. "Honestly I have no energy left, maybe we can hang out on Sunday! On Saturday I'm having this stupid dinner at our house to welcome our new neighbors." Lisa's eyes immediately lit up."DO THEY HAVE A KID? IS HE IN HIGH SCHOOL? IS HE HOT?" she yelled quickly. I giggled at the way she just poured her heart out with questions. "Dude honestly I have no idea about this family." I said shamefully. She stared at me with a pissed of face. "Ugh, well text me and tell me how it goes! See you Sunday!" she said with the funniest accent. Honestly Lisa always cracks me up, I love how she can always put a smile on my face. I drove home and ran upstairs to fall on my bed. I didn't even eat anything or say anything, instead I took a nap.
********************************************
I woke up a couple hours later and looked at the time. 6:30? Wow I must've been really tired. I walked downstairs slowly and grabbed a bag of chips from the pantry while I glanced at my phone. 6 unseen texts from mom.

-Hey honey! How was school today? Did you eat anything?
-There is some left over pasta in the fridge if you want...
-By the way, Jake isn't going to be home because he's sleeping over at Oliver's!
-What are you doing?
-By the way I heard that the neighbors are going to be there around 7, if I'm not at home before then, make sure to go and greet them and invite them over for dinner tomorrow at 6:30.
- I'll be home around 7:30/8, love you sunshine!

Great so now I have to do the inviting over? Does my mom not get that I'm actually the most socially awkward person... no joke. I lie on the couch and turn on the TV while eating some of the left over pasta from yesterday. About 30 minutes later, I hear a car engine roaring from outside my house and I run towards the window to see if it's the neighbors. Nope, false alarm. I groaned and put my shoes on to go check the mail in the meantime. I opened our mailbox and there was nothing. Where the hell is that mascara I ordered over 2 months ago? I rolled my eyes and started walking back to my house when I see a car pull up next to me. This had to be the neighbors. I walked slowly towards the car, when I see a couple jump out of the opposite sides of the car. Wow, no kids...boring! "Oh hello sweetheart!" the woman exclaims. "My name is Pattie, nice to meet you. Are you our neighbor?" I smiled politely and nodded my head. "Hi I'm Ashley, nice to meet you! And welcome to the neighborhood!" Pattie was so pretty! Her hair was so long and brown, and I lover her diamond earrings! I walked over to the husband and shook his hand, introducing myself once again. As I was ready to head back to my house, the backseat door opens and a tall guy hops out and faces me. My heart dropped. "God damn." I whispered to myself.
************

hey guys!! this is my first chapter so its kinda trash lmao..comment what u think!!