Hiding Secrets

As the weeks of freedom from high school started, lovers were torn apart. Something had come up in Annie's life and her along with her nephew and sister left the small town and disappeared. Ulf had been given little notice about this, he thought he understood why, that it was because Annie found out the same news as he had the morning after their prom. But to his surprise it wasn't the case. 

With Annie gone, Ulf was lost, he didn't know what to do. He tried training but it quickly lost it's luster. So with that in mind he shifted and wandered along the forest and the village's border. He sat down upon a stone and watched the village go about it's summer routine. 

"She didn't leave because of you." Astrid said as she sat down next to her brother, he jumped a bit as he looked up at her, he hadn't heard her footsteps, thus he came to the conclusion that she must have been practicing her flight. 

"Then you know why she left so quickly... and how did you know about that." Ulf asked as he looked over at her with a nervous look. 

"I'm a Valkyrie, I get memos when something big happens and trust me this is one of those big things. But so that you don't spend all this time being so down and hard on yourself... She left because someone came to town, someone that has been fallowing her and he's still after her and from what the others have been saying... He's not far behind her." Astrid said as he trailed off when she heard a growl grow from her brother's throat. 

"Who--" Ulf started but his sister cut him off with an answer. 

"Her ex-boyfriend, an abusive ass to say the least... He doesn't believe that they broke up, he still thinks that she belongs to him." Astrid said as she then looked away from the village's quiet scene and then saw that the place where her brother had been was now empty.

"Are you happy now... He has what he needs to be there." Astrid said as she looked down at her hand that were folded on her lap. A figure appearing beside her on the fallen log. 

"Yes, I'm more than happy now, all my pieces are in play... Thank you for starting this earlier than originally planed, I'm sure you'll be present for when the curtain rises when your role is needed." A sly voice asked as she didn't face him, she didn't speak. 

"You will be there won't you." The voice shifted to a sinister and dark tone as the figure moved from one side to the other, a man now standing on the rock that Ulf had used as his seat. 

"Fine then, if you don't come by your own free will, I'll just make sure you're there by any means possible. After all you won't want to miss this part...The end is the best part and we do want to be there as a family." The voice said as he then let out a laugh and then like a gust of wind he was gone.