Placement

As the week went on, Audrey and Jack started their decorating of their home with festive things. 

Jack found the old woven goats that were held together with ribbons and twigs. Two of them, each representing the two goats that lead Thor's chariot through the skies. They put them around their home to thank Thor for the harvest they received this past summer and autumn. 

Audrey decorated the tree with hand carved ornaments. Symbols of protection, love, joy and happiness along with symbols for their gods as well. As she was taking them out see stumbled onto one with two snakes making an infinite knot by biting their tales while they intertwined each other. She smiled as she took a look around the house and then yelled for her brother. 

"Ulf! I found your ornament, come put it on the tree!" She yelled as she heard something drop in the distance and the sound of rushed running coming from the back of the house. He came rushing around her and looked around in a panic for it. 

"Where is it?" He said as his eyes scanned everything. 

"In that box in front of you..." She said calmly as she concentrated on finding the perfect place for each wooden ornament she had.    

"Yes!" He said as he picked it up. 

"You get way to excited for that thing..." She said with a sigh. 

"Well it's the symbol of Loki! How could I not be excited?" He said as his air made him seem like a child again. She looked at him as he admired it and then hung it on the tree.

"Are you really going to put it there?" She asked dryly. He turned to her not seeing the problem in the placement choice he made. 

"What's wrong with there?" He asked as he looked at her and then backed up to see the tree. 

"It looks fine to me..." He said as he tilted his head to the side as he looked back at her. 

"Well I think it would look better over here--" She said as she went to go take it off the tree.

"--No." He said as jumped at her movement. She looked to see that he didn't change a bit from when they were younger. She remembered when their father had carved them and had given Ulf the choice of where it would hang. Ever since he could walk he picked a low handing branch in the front of each tree. 

"Alright... you really do never change, you know that?" She said almost bitterly. 

"... Mum helped me put it on the tree the year that day made them... That spot's special." He said his voice low as he tried to hide what he said. Astrid turned to face him and found him walking away to the back of the house to return to whatever he had dropped when she called him. 

"Ulf, wait." She called as he kept walking and started his task again.