eighty five

Ed Sheeran's album is soooooo good <3

* * * * * *

After I said those ten words, it stayed quiet in the car. Neither me nor Harry dared to say anything.

Several minutes later, we arrived at the restaurant.

Harry stops the car and turned it off. He sits there and waits with unbuckling his seatbelts. Eyes are closed and he sighs. I glance at him, wondering what's going on in his mind. I unbuckle my seatbelt and proceed to grab my bag.

He then abruptly turns to face me and looks into my eyes. I jump a little.

He moves his hand to touch my thigh, but stops himself midway, withdrawing his hand back to his own lap.

"Okay, Lucy, even though you already know this, I'm still going to say this to you, because I think you still don't believe me unless you hear it from me personally." he says calmy.

I nod slowly.

He runs his hand through his short hair and clears his throat.

"I am not going to hurt you." he begins, "Not anymore. No. I'll never hurt you. I made a mistake, but I'm better now. I feel good. No, I feel perfect. I'm strong and confident. I haven't felt anything quite like this...ever."

I could see Harry tear up and I know that if he starts crying, I would break down as well.

"I...I-, I know yesterday was different, because I fell. But I was so grateful for you helping me. And I know it was probably stupid to think you'd fully trust me again or l-love me again, but I still had hope." he sobs, "But I'm telling you and it's true, I am better. And... I don't know if there's any other way I could make you believe me. But I am. I really am. And I love you. And I'm sorry.... I just wish you'd believe me."

He covers his face with his hands in frustration.

"Ughhh, look at me. Saying I'm strong and then I'm crying." he wipes his eyes, "I'm sorry, we're supposed to have dinner. I ruined it already, didn't I?"

He unbuckles his seatbelt and tries to open the door, but I grab him by his wrist and hold him back. He has a confused expression on his face as he snaps his head back at me and his eyes are still red and watery.

I then quickly jump up and wrap my arms around Harry's neck very tightly. I think I caught him off guard, because his breath hitches in his throat. Shortly after he wraps his arms around my waist and rubs my back. I run my fingers through his soft hair and sigh.

"Sometimes hope is all you need." I whisper.

Harry kisses my cheek as smiles through it.

"Thank you." he replies.

"For what?" I pull away.

"For not hating me."

I smile sadly at him, "I could never."

He smiles at me.

"Now," I sigh and bite my lip. I wipe away Harry's remaining tears and poke his cheeks playfully. He grins at me and I continue, "let's have dinner, shall we?"

"Yes, let's." He replies and we both get out of the car, Harry locking it behind him, "I'm starving."

"Me too. I haven't eaten anything since breakfast and biscuits with tea when I got home." I say as we walk towards the entrance of the restaurant.

"Really? Let's get inside quickly then." he places his hand carefully on the small of my back and we pick up the pace.

We get inside of the building, the heat blowing in our face.

"Reservation for Styles."

"Right this way."

The man guides us to our table, which is perfectly placed by the window, giving us a perfect view of the sunset.

"Thank you."

We put our coats over the leaning bit of the chair and take a seat. I can't help but acknowledge how attractive Harry is.

My cheeks start to heat up as soon as I think of him with slighty less clothing.

"What's wrong?" Harry chuckles.

"Nothing." I clear my throat, "It's just that, um...You look handsome."

"Thank you, Lucy." he blows me a kiss, chuckling afterwards, "You are beautiful, too."

I grin, grabbing the menu, looking at all the options I've got.

After a few minutes, a waiter approaches us, asking our order.

Harry nods at me, signalling for me to go first.

"Um, I would like Fish Pakora, please." I say.

The waiter nods and looks at Harry, "What about you, Sir?"

"I'll have the same."

"Anything to drink?"

"We'll have the best bottle of red wine you own." Harry smiles at me, "And a glass of water, too."

"It'll be ready in a few." the waiter says and walks away.

"Red wine, huh?" I ask Harry.

"Mhm?"

"I thought you stopped drinking after...you know."

"Oh. Yeah, but red wine will be fine." he says, chuckling, "Besides, I'll only have one glass, because I still have to get you home safely. The rest of the bottle is for you."

"What? You want me to be drunk?"

"What? No, 'course not." he lies, "Okay, maybe a little tipsy."

I roll my eyes, "Idiot."

"At least I'm honest."

"Yeah, much appreciated."

"Don't be salty now, eh?"

"I'm not. But this is just, I don't know...weird?" I say.

"Wait, I'm weird?"

"No, stupid! Ugh. Yes, you can be weird." I chuckle, "But don't you think this is weird? Us being here."

"I mean, after all this time? Yes, kind of." he admits, "But it's also very nice and I'd rather not be anywhere else right now."

I smile softly at him, "Me neither."

Harry raises his eyebrows at me, "You mean that?"

"Yes," I nod, "You were an ass, but I don't regret picking you up from that centre, because you're a complete different person. I mean, you're still you, but better."

He nods, "I agree."

I smile, "Now, if you'll excuse me. I'd like to go to the toilet before the food arrives."

"Of course."

"I'll be back in a minute." I stand up from my seat and look around for the toilet sign, seeing it's all the way across the restaurant.

I make my way there, looking around the restaurant at all the people here having a great time. I get into the toilets and do my business there.

I make my way back to Harry, but then my eye falls onto a certain table with two certain people sitting at it.

My eyes widen, "Fuck, fuck, fuck." I mutter, quickly walking over to Harry and I's table.

I take a seat and shield my face with my hands.

"Hey, they've given us our drinks already, so I poured you your wi-, What are you doing?" Harry asks.

"Fuck." I reply.

"Fuck?" he frowns, "Wait, do you wanna fuck?" he whispers.

"Harry, no! Oh my God." I chuckle, "No, just, fuck."

"What's fuck?"

"Harry, my parents are here."

* * * * * *

I THINK THERE ARE ONLY 5 MORE CHAPTERS LEFT. I CRY.

Next update: Saturday, March 18th