nine

"Don't worry, Kitten. You're safe with me. I promise."

"You aren't going to hit me again, are you?"

"No, baby girl. If you just behave and listen to me, I won't have a reason to do it. Understand?"

"I understand, Daddy."

"Good girl. So, do you have any plans yet for dinner?" Harry asks me.

"No, I was thinking about warming up some leftovers."

"No, you don't have to. I'll take you out to dinner."

I shake my head, "I can't. What if Mother suddenly comes back."

"She won't. Don't worry." he stands in front of me and strokes a strand of hair behind my ear, "And if she does, we'll just say you were with me. That I was helping you with homework. But I'm sure she won't come back that soon."

"Okay, Daddy." I nod.

"Now, hurry up and change clothes, baby girl. Dress nice, food's waiting for us."

* * * * * *

"We're here." Harry says as we arrive at the restaurant. He looks fit. He's wearing his black skinny jeans along with his brown boots. A plain white button down shirt hugs his torso perfectly and over it, he wears a black blazer.

A stylish man he is.

I'm wearing a black mid-thigh dress along with black flats. I'm carrying a small handbag with just my phone and lip-gloss in it.

The passengers door opens and Harry reaches out for me, "Come."

I gladly take his hand as he leads me inside the restaurant.

"Table for two, please." Harry tells the man behind a small counter by the entrance.

"Follow me." the man replies.

He takes us to a small table with two chairs slightly next to each other. Like not facing each other, and not directly next to each other.

This place is fancy.

Harry gestures me to sit down and he sits down as well on the other chair. We grab a menu from the table and look through the options.

"What would you like to have?" Harry glances at me.

"I don't know yet. I think I'll have what you're having. What are you having?"

"I think I'll have a Chicken Salad and Broiled Lobster Tails with Garlic and Chili Butter, and for drink I'll have a red wine called Cabernet Sauvignon." he tells me.

"Okay, I'll have the same minus the Chicken Salad."

"Good. I'll order then."

After Harry ordered, the food and drinks arrive in no time.

We eat, drink, chat and laugh until our food is finished.

I almost jump out of my seat when I feel Harry's cold hand stroke my thigh.

"Uhm, Daddy?" I gulp.

"Don't worry, baby girl. I'm just touching you a little. Do you mind?" he smirks at me.

I shake my head, "No, I don't mind. It's just-"

"It's just what?" he gives me a smug look. I fumble with my fingers, right where his hand is burning my skin on my thigh.

"It's just, you know, we're in a restaurant, Harry. A public area."

"Excuse me? What'd you call me?"

"Oh! I meant Daddy! I'm sorry, I swear!"

"I'll let it go this time. Next time, however, you're gonna get it."

I nod, "Okay, Daddy. I won't call you that again."

"Good girl. Anyway, do you want a dessert?" he raises an eyebrow at me.

"No, thank you, Daddy. What about you?"

"No, I'll have my dessert when we get back home. I'll go pay now." and he walks away.

When he gets back, I stand up and link my arm with his. We walk out the restaurant towards Harry's car. We get in and I buckle my seatbelt.

"What'd you mean by what you said earlier in the restaurant?" I ask Harry curiously.

"Meant by what?"

"That you'll have your dessert when we get home?"

"Oh, that! Mhm, baby girl. You'll see."