It was then a series of puppet strings and purposeful pulls and pushes that recovered her.

The older man beside her gazed at her with love and adoration. Even with the aberration, they somehow found their happily ever after. That's what was with humans and their sourceless emotions. No matter how calculated and controlled the moves of big powers like him might be, human emotions were tough to manipulate.

But that aberration gave him his favourite accomplishment.

The boy with the heterochromic eyes and the daughter of this couple were never meant to be more than childhood playmates. But to rectify the aberration, another set of puppet strings were pulled and before he could do anything, the wheels of human emotions had turned and their tale started.

He had to admit that it felt nice to look at his accomplishments. All around the town, people were laughing, crying or drowning some emotion. But no matter the emotion, no matter the pain or joy, he was behind everything.

On odd sense of fulfillment filled his whole body as he looked at the couple by the sandbox. A couple which was born from a mistake. He settled on one of the broken swings (near the sandbox), correcting his newsboy cap and rubbing his nose. It was a strange habit he picked up from someone. From a time which was too foggy to remember.

Four pudgy feet, four pudgy hands and two adorable smiles greeted him. He smiled a rare smile as he bent to caress their stark black hair. The twins tried to pull him towards were their parents were sitting, talking to a lone child but the boy patted their head, shushing them with a smile.

He snapped his fingers and like that, his touch on the children erased, memories vanishing. The twins looked confused for a second before they started running with their short legs towards their parents. This time their eyes looking past the boy with the newsboy cap.

The twins were a girl and a boy. The boy had his mother's sharp facial features, anyone wanting to run a hand through his hair. The girl looked more like her father. Warm, fuzzy and with murky green eyes, a contrast to her features yet somehow matching with her father's grey and blue-green eyes. 

Their parents introduced the twins to the new child they were talking to and the boy saw another story beginning. A story which would be guided by him. A story which would end like all the others. A story which would lead to another new one. He would be there to watch and guide the cycle, standing on the sidelines. That was what he had been doing since the start of time.

He got up from the swing with a contented smile.

It would be a long time before he comes to watch this couple again, since their story doesn't require any nudging from his part any time soon. But if a nudge was required, he would be there to give these two his all, since after all, they were his favourite accomplishment.

He was called by many names. Some called him Happiness. Some called him Fate. Many even called him God. But he was none of that. He liked to call himself Impulse.

The feeling of a push when you're hesitating, the pull of strings when you're petrified, the seed of a thought that hadn't ever occurred to you before... everything, was his play. It's true that sometimes not everything he does brings happiness. But through the pain and the tears, through the disappointment and rage, through the confusion and clarity, there will be sunshine. And it was his job to guide people towards that sunshine.

He pulled an ancient box, small and filled with engravings too beautiful to make. It was a piece of magic which contained souvenirs from all of his accomplishments. From feathers to dried leaves, to laces to pebbles, it was a souvenir to remember all the lives he had walked to the sunshine, showing them their silver lining. He smiled as he ran his eyes over them, his eyes stopping at the center with fondness.

Because at the center, there was a Polaroid photo.

[ t h e   e n d ]

Okay, the ending sounded awesome inside my mind but I write it down and it only sounds awkward

Okay, the ending sounded awesome inside my mind but I write it down and it only sounds awkward. Guess you guys understood who were all in this chapter?

I wanted to write the epilogue from a third person's pov but since that sounded stalkerish, added this supernatural touch and PEOPLE, HOW WAS IT?! I'M HYPERVENTILATING.

So, we wrap up Booktrovert. Look forward to my next work. It'll probably be posted next week xD I need all the support I can get since I'm so looking forward to writing this one. Details will be in the facts chapter xD