Chapter 9: Sweep Operation Part Two

A/N: Maybe some of you guys won't like where this is going...but this is the direction I am going. I have many  things planned. So have faith and keep reading. Thanks for all the votes and comments~

=============================================================================

"Looks like the village needs some sweeping!" Naruto chirped, Shikamaru and Sasuke smirked at the implications. Naruto burned the scroll to ashes then turn towards his two best friends. His blue eyes glistened with ferocity. Seeing this, Shikamaru and Sasuke were ready to receive orders for their mission. His next words however, forced them to do a double take.

"But first, mission assignment!" Naruto cheerily said as his face morphed into a gleeful expression. He grabbed Sasuke's and Shikamaru's ankle since both of them had fallen on the ground and swiftly teleported outside of the hokage tower. The nearby passers literally jumped up in fright at their sudden appearance, wide eyed. Naruto looked around and ignored them with a shrug while Shikamaru and Sasuke face palmed before getting up and flank his sides and entered the building.

---Unknown location in Konoha, midnight.

Within the shadows of the twilight, three dark clad figures flash through the area with silent steps and speeds superior to that of Jounin. They pace through the places, buildings, towers, poles and trees until they came into a stop, standing over a high water tank exuding spine-chilling aura causing the frosty atmosphere colder than usual.

The only distinguishable features that stood out from the black figures were their eyes. The rest of their forms were fully covered with black cloths, black hood and black face masks, leaving them as mere silhouettes in the darkness of the night. The left kneeling figure that had one knee on the tank had odd eyes, one red with Mangekyo Sharingan fully activated while the other purple with several rings around its iris with small black inverted coma shapes, the Rinne-sharingan. The middle standing figure had unusually sparkly electric blue eyes while the crouching figure on the right vetted the area with dark onyx eyes. They had colder eyes than usual that pierces through the surroundings.

The still and taut ambiance around them unceremoniously broke when a voice cut through the area.

"Never in my life did I ever thought of participating in some shady shit like this one. This feels like an assassination mission, which it is. I feel like a hypocrite," Naruto whined. The two figure beside him hung their heads, cold sweat forming on their backs.

"Way to douse the atmosphere Dobe," Sasuke relented as he rolled his eyes, annoyed. Shikamaru sighed, exasperated. He strongly suppressed his urge to face palm himself.

"Sorry! I just can't stand it. It gives me the heebie-jeebies...," Naruto said, making a face as he hugged his shoulders and shuddered. Sasuke and Shikamaru sweat dropped.

"I hope he realized that we are the ones that's creating such an atmosphere," Shikamaru shook his head as he thought.

"Hnn," Sasuke grunted as he and Shikamaru shared a look.