Chapter Twenty One: Honey I'm Home

*Makayla's POV*

"I love these leggings." Reagan says picking up a pair of abstract pattern leggings.

"They have so many different patterns." I say flipping through them. I pick a few pairs in my size out just to have them since they're pretty nice.

"When are we getting your dress for the wedding my dear?" Amelia asks me and I shrug.

"Whenever you want to go." I respond and she nods.

"I'm so nervous about getting married. It's a big step but I think I'm ready for it." At this point Reagan has wandered off on her own and Amelia and I are standing here chatting.

"You'll be a beautiful bride." I tell her and she smiles brightly. "You're wearing your mothers vail correct?" I ask her and she nods.

"I'm also pretty sure that your brother wants to replicate your parents' wedding bands." She says and I nod. "I liked the idea a lot. I wish I could have met them just so I could tell them what wonderful children they made." She smiles thoughtfully.

"They would have loved you so much." I say and I notice her eyes begin to tear.

"I'm sorry, I just get emotional talking about it because Matt always told me how close you two were to them and it must have been so insanely hard for both of you." She wipes her eyes and I smile at her.

"It's alright. I think Matthew and I have learned to accept that our parents are at peace and that we should be as well." I nod. A smile grows on her face and she walks over wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

"You have a beautiful heart Makayla." She mutters and I chuckle.

"Thank you." I say. "For everything."

Me thanking Amelia was not just for what she just told me but also for being by my side and my brothers in the hard times, for loving us, but mostly I'm thanking her for just making my brother a man and for tolerating his bullshit.

Her phone vibrates and she pulls away and takes out her phone.

"Matt says that we're having an early dinner so we should get home soon." Amelia says reading her screen. I check my time and it's about 3:30pm. If we were having an early dinner it would probably be at 5 ish.

I nod and we go off to find Reagan before purchasing our items and then we make our way to the car.

Once we get home Matt rushes to help us with our bags and we go inside. I decide to bring my stuff to the guest room where I'd been staying since Reagan didn't exactly want to sleep on that bed. I open the door as I him and put down the bags.

Maybe I should call Liam and see what he's doing? Maybe he has time to Skype. I turn around to go and sit on the bed and my eyes widen.

"Liam?" I whisper and a smile appears on his face. He boosts himself up and I feel tears well up in my eyes as I rush over to the bed and he laughs wrapping his arms around my waist as my own fly around his neck. "you're here." I cry into his shoulder.

"I'm home baby." He whispers rubbing my back. "It feels like it's been more than a month." He says.

"It does." I say moving my head on his shoulder. His fingers run through my hair and I smile moving my lips to his neck.

"You just can't wait can you?" He asks me and I giggle as I pull away from him. I grab his face between my hands and feel the softness of his shaven cheeks. I run my thumb over his full bottom lip and then move my hands down to his shoulders.

"Are you even real?" I ask him and he smiles.

"One hundred precent." He nods.

"Oh my god." I whisper falling back into him and he lays back on the bed. A sudden tiredness washes over my body and I yawn.