three.

Maggie Griffin •

When I walked into my English class for second period I felt the stares and the judging begin. I knew when I moved here that Thomas College was homing device to some of the richest and most entitled kids within a five hundred miles radius. The only reason I was here myself was because of family ties but to them, I was fresh meat who didn't belong.

I could see a woman sitting at her desk and like the headmaster had an engraved sign in her desk but hers reading: Miss Larissa Blake I swear every teacher here must get one on their first day. I walked up to her and I felt my hands shake. "Uh...hi I am new here and I am supposed to be in this class" Miss Blake looked up at me and smiled. "Oh good, just give me your transcript for English and you should be on the roll..." I handed her my transcript and she scanned for my name. "Magnolia Griffin?" I nodded "but please just Maggie" she smiled and gestured for me to sit down.

I walked down the aisle and I felt the eyes on me.

Sitting at one of the desks I could feel the stares become more obvious and I suddenly had one thought: they know, they know what happened in Oregon. I shook that thought away it wasn't even possible. I felt the stares subside and I  breathed a sigh of relief.

"You know they are all staring because you are new...and because your the first person they've seen wearing jeans that aren't worth two hundred dollars" I turned sharply to see a girl behind me, a smirk on her lips. "Oh well...that makes make sense I suppose" I shrugged and she laughed "I'm Raquelle Green but everyone calls me Rikki" she stuck out her hand and I shook it "Magnolia Griffin but I prefer Maggie, I won't answer to Magnolia" she nodded and I felt it was almost respectful.

Before I could stop her she had moved her self next to me and I looked her over now that I wasn't watching her over my shoulder. She had wavy dark hair but it was dyed into the ombré style (let's be real it probably cost more than my entire wardrobe) her skin was tanned from being an Arizonan native and she had hazel eyes surrounded by dark eye makeup (which was on point).

"Look you seem cool, I mean I have a radar about these types of things so I can just tell" I refrained from rolling my eyes but I smiled at her anyway. "But there are a few things you need to know and your going to need some damn awesome people to explain it to you so your going to hang out with me and my friends at lunch alright?" I nodded at her and I was impressed about her confidence.

"Alright then, sounds like a plan"

---

As promised Rikki dragged me over to her friends which from what I could see consisted of two girls. "Girls this is Maggie Griffin" she pushed me forward and I waved. "Maggie this is Isabella Thayer and Rosa Kane" she pointed to both girls "but you call them Bella and Ro" she smiled and I sat down on the grass beside them.

I noticed both Isabella and Rosa were looking at me up and down because they were definitely sizing me up. "So where did you move from?" Isabella asked me and I told her I was from Oregon. "Oh my uncle Bob lives in Oregon, I visit him a lot and I love it there" I smiled at her and she returned it.

"I told Maggie here that we needed to tell her a few things about Thomas College, I told her about the whole jean thing" Rikki stated and I watched the other two nod in understanding. "Thomas College functions like any normal high school except for a few things: there are a few power players that can make or break you at this school" Rosa began. "First thing, Athletics is the main thing around here, especially the track boys: the Daredevils. Half of the trophies in our cabinets belong to them and they are led by the all powerful Will Collins. Where Will Collins goes he's two athletics best friends follow: Redford Moyes but only call him Red and Nash Linden. These three hold the power to the athletics and are basically gods among men especially with Headmaster Wellington." I widened my eyes at Rosa, so they really hold that much sway at this school?

"The other thing you need to learn is that he arts department is where Will Collins girlfriend reigns. We don't have cheerleaders at this school so this department is her domain. Amelia Murphy is the queen of all things artsy, she can dance, debate, act and a freakishly large amount of other things. Amelia goes everywhere with her side kick Ginny King. See Amelia's parents are hotshot lawyers who practically donate to the school every time Amelia needs something and Ginny Kings dad is the head of the police department. She knows everyone's secrets and business and she always gives that info to Amelia." I gulped. "If you have any secrets Maggie Griffin I suggest you hold them close otherwise Ginny and Amelia will destroy you with them if you get in their way"

I didn't shy easily and it took a lot to scare me but to me I felt like I was living Mean girls but I didn't want to do that. "Noted" I nodded and began to rummage in my bag for my water bottle.

"We will obviously explain the rest later but still just be careful..."Rikki looked concerned for a moment and then it was gone. After that we all fell into a comfortable pattern of small talk and it only felt like five seconds but the bell for the end of the lunch hour rang out.

As I began to walk to my next class a flyer caught my eye:

Daredevils tryouts on next Friday

That was something I was interested in, fresh start, new team right?

----

Done and dusted, I actually love to write this story, it's so exciting and fun to write. Love you all for all the support on this story and on my other stories 😘

L xx