Trap One

They walked away from the ice and came upon a place in the ground that looked different, more gray than the rest of the snow. Papyrus was standing across this grayish patch with his arms folded, standing back on the more normal snow. They wouldn't call it white snow, it was darker than what they had seen on the surface. They didn't know why, but it was more gray than the snow on the surface. The snow that was now between the human and the skeleton was darker still.

"Human," Papyrus addressed them as Flowey slipped out of sight. "This," he gestured to the space between them, "is the electricity maze. One false step and you will fry," he said, doing nothing to reassure Frisk. Flowey poked his head out a little from behind the human. "You, and the flower," he said pointing at Flowey. He gasped a little and then gave up trying to hide, knowing he was associated with the human now. "Both of you will have to pass before you can continue," he grinned, "or die trying."

Just before Frisk could step into the maze Sans came up behind his brother. "B-boss, I-I finished fixing the o-other..." He trailed off when his eyes met Frisk and Flowey, "traps..." Papyrus turned back to the human and grunted at his brother. "Good. Now we can watch them f r y," he grinned. Sans looked a little more than concerned, shooting the pair a warning glance. After that Frisk allowed their heart to sink a little from their friends expression.

They glanced at Flowey and took a deep breath before stepping into the trap. They made it in a whole step, smiling at Flowey who was still calling the whole thing hopeless on the inside, but he smiled back to help keep the child's spirits up. They took another small step, embracing for a possible shock, but none came. They were now two steps closer to the ending. Flowey noticed the expression on Papyrus' face said that they wouldn't be safe for much longer.

Gaining more confidence, Frisk took a bigger step forward. Sans grimaced as they did so, making Flowey on edge. Just as their foot met the ground an electric shock zapped through their body and the flower's. Frisk cried out, falling backwards onto the safe patches of snow. Papyrus laughed at them, cackling maniacally. Sans looked a little concerned for them, but tried to wipe it off his skull in case his Boss might see.

Frisk gritted their teeth in pain, tears threatening to escape from their eyes. "A-are you okay Frisk?" Flowey asked them quickly, trying to give them a reassuring look. After a moment of hesitation they nodded and started to stand again. "Yeah... I think my HP went down a little..." From their fight with Doggo and the electric shock they had about 13 HP left, meaning it did about 3 damage.

They knew they couldn't go on like this for very long, they could only take a few more hits before they died and had to reset, and it had been a while since they saved... An imaginary light bulb went off in Frisk's head. "Flowey, can you shoot attacks to find out where the, uh, walls(?) are?" They asked him quickly. Flowey nodded, a small smile spreading across his face, and he summoned his attacks. The 'friendliness pellets' shot out in front of him, some disappearing upon contact with the electricity. One however shot off towards the woods, and Frisk took another two steps in that direction.

Papyrus rested his skulls on his hand, looking like he might be deep in thought, analyzing the child and their idea. It was working, and they had possibly outsmarted him. Sans raised his imaginary eyebrows in realization as he understood what the kid was trying to do, and half of him was grateful he wouldn't have to step in on this one... Keeping that promise to the lady behind the door was hard enough already, but he also thought that this was truly a good child. He would still roll his eyelights if they kept up their whole mercy thing, but he had to give them points for trying... He had tried for a while when he was a kid but had to face reality after a while...

Sans shook himself from his thoughts noticing that the human was almost out. They only had about a step to go when they ran into the electric wall again, letting a cry loose. Sans was a little confused and so were Flowey and Frisk, what was stopping them from exiting. Papyrus cackled again. "Stupid human," he taunted, "I never said there was only one path!" Frisk looked up at the taller skeleton. That hit had taken them as a surprise, making them lose more HP. they didn't even have half their HoPe left, and they knew they wouldn't be able to find the end if there were even more false endings signing the maze.

Sans felt bad for Frisk, even he didn't know about there being more than one path. Flowey looked like he was ready to explode, "why you stupid sack of bones I swear you will regret that!" Flowey had changed his face, morphing it to a sinister scowl with red eyes. Papyrus only laughed again. "Flowey, p-please," Frisk said, not wanting to provoke further action from either of the skeletons. Now they knew they only had one decent chance to get out of this puzzle, so they stood up, put on a determined look, and ran straight through the rest of the maze.

They threw themself in the snow, near the feet of the skeletons. Both of them looked genuinely shocked to see that Frisk did that, or that they made it through the maze in general. Their HP was down to 1, but they had still made it. "You almost managed to impress me human..." Papyrus told them, "almost." Papyrus turned and walked down the path to the next puzzle, calling out "the next puzzle awaits you when you arrive." A rude call for Sans to come along was heard shortly after, and Sans sent them an apologetic glance before jogging to join his brother.

"Please," Flowey said in a exasperated tone, "tell me when you are going to do something like that next time." He let his little flower head fall into the snow. Frisk pushed themself into a sitting position, taking Flowey up with them. "Sorry... I thought you wouldn't let me do it," they tried to explain. Flowey huffed, "darn right I wouldn't..." Frisk patted him on the head again before trying to stand. Their legs were shaky at first, but they became stronger as they fully stood. "Let's go Flowey," they said, taking another step forward, "we- ... I still have some skeletons to help."

(1151 words)
Gah! It's been too long since I updated this!
I actually chose updating this over ASOTD, partially because I haven't figure out what I'm going to accomplish within the chapter.  Plus I'm not entirely sure if I want a specific thing to happen, and it's not like I've had the most time to write either.  My Saturday was taken up by a hunting class and I had to do my homework today. 
(School is so rough too, I got home Thursday and was so burnt out I couldn't stay awake, I was all shaky, and I was physically tired too, so I'm trying to actually sleep now.)

Thanks for reading, and see you in the next update!