angel (part 3) ✧ e

playlist (mostly sad asf) YOU MAY CRY WARNING
safe and sound -taylor swift
heaven -beyoncé
breathe me - sia
broken - lund 
stay - rihanna
goner - twenty one pilots
-

you sat in the hospital waiting room, once again. it had seemed that you and ethan had spent most of your time together in this building.

although you hated ethan going to the hospital, you were happy that you could just be with him. you didn't care where it was.

normally when you would come to the hospital, you were sad. you were sad that ethan had to go through this multiple times a month.

but this time, you weren't sad. you were angry.
you were furious that the doctors let him leave. they should have known he wasn't okay. but most of all you blamed yourself. you didn't know what you blamed yourself for, but you blamed yourself for something.

and the anger and blame was the only thing that would keep the thought of ethan dying, away. you knew he wasn't gonna make it. you just didn't want it to be true.

you had tear stained cheeks. your eyes were bloodshot and burning.

the fellow cries of ethans close family followed.

doctors rushed back and forth from hallways. you knew they were trying to save him. but they just couldn't.

you sat in a far corner, not wanting to be bothered by anyone.

you heard footsteps coming closer.

"excuse me?" a voice asked. you looked up seeing a kid around 10, maybe 12. he smiled.

"would you like one?" he asked. he was holding a vase, with pink roses in it.

it reminded you of ethan. every hospital trip, he would always have pink roses next to his bedside.

"sure." you mumbled, giving a light smile. he handed you a flower.

"he'll be okay. he'll be in a better place. he won't be scared anymore.and he'll always be looking out for you. my dad told me that about my mom. he's over there" he said pointing to a man. you smiled.

he walked back to his seat, sitting next to a man, who you presumed was his dad.

you stood up, and walked did the hallway. you stood in front of the room ethan was in.

the door was closed, and the curtains were shut.

"honey, you can't stand over here, the doctors are rushing back and forth." a nurse said.

you apologized and moved, going back to your seat, next to a vending machine.

you seen the kids dad standing at the vending machine. you sat down in your chair.

"your son, tell him i said thank you." you told the man. he gave you a confused look.

"your son? he gave me a flower. and said you were his dad? he had brown hair and a green shirt on. was that not your son?" you asked.

"my son died two years ago." the man said. he walked away, disappearing down the hallway. the little boy was no where in sight.