angel ✧ e

you listened to the repeated beeping of the machine that was hooked up to ethan. you focused your attention to the noise, not wanting this to be true.

ethan was dying. he has been dying for a year now, and probably always will be dying until he's actually dead.

you didn't want to believe it though. you had convinced yourself that this was a bad dream, and one day you would wake up from it and everything would be as if it never happened.

you didn't want to loose ethan, but you had no choice.

ethan has cancer. and you'll just have to live with the fact that one day, he will be gone.

ethan didn't want you in his life. he would say that you would fall in love with him and have your heart broken when he dies.

but you already had fallen in love with him. and you knew it would hurt when he was gone.

he didn't want to hurt you. when the hospital trips would become more frequent, he would loose hope and remove himself from the ones he loved.

he wanted to make sure that the people he loved wouldn't be hurt when he was gone.

you were one of those people. he would avoid you, even though every part of him just wanted to see you. he just wanted you in his presences.

he would joke about death, not wanting it to be a serious thing. he didn't want to cry and he didn't want to see others cry.

you knew that his time was coming sooner by the day and it broke your heart. you just didn't want to admit it. you tried to stay strong for ethan.

you sat in the chair next to ethans bedside. you held his soft warm hand in yours.

you heard lisa's crying in the corner. grayson had his hand placed on her back.

"stop. stop crying. you're losing hope, he's gonna be okay. you have to show him that it will be okay." you said. lisa looked up at you.

she sniffed and shook her head yes. "yeah. i'm gonna go get a coffee." she said handing up.

"i'll come with." grayson said.

the doctors said they didn't know when ethan would wake up. it could be minutes, hours, days, months. they didn't know.

you brought his hand up to your lips, kissing it. you squeezed it between yours and hoped he would wake up.

"ethan, please. please don't leave me." you whispered.

you felt a small squeeze from ethans hand.

you looked at his face, searching for any movement.

you probably just imagined it, you thought.

"ethan?" you whispered.

you seen his eyes slowly flutter open. he looked at you.

"(y/n)," he croaked out.

you smiled. "oh my god." you smiled. you felt warm tears build up in your eyes. but they weren't tears of sadness.

you wrapped your arms around his head, kissing his cheek. you buried your face into his neck. you felt his arms wrap around you.

"i knew you wouldn't die. i knew you'd be okay." you said.

you heard footsteps come into the room.

you heard lisa yell ethans name as she ran over, hugging him. cameron came over, hugging him as well.

"can we get a nurse?!" you heard grayson yell down the hallway and come back towards ethan, hugging him.

they were both crying. you held ethans hand as he hugged his family. you felt him squeeze your hand.

you smiled knowing he was okay.

after the nurses and doctors came and checked up on ethan, they decided to let ethan go home. they said that he had spent to much of his lifetime in a hospital, and that since everything seemed to be okay, for now at least, that he could leave.

"is it okay if (y/n) and i go out for a little? we'll be home later, i promise." ethan asked his mom.

"honey, you were just in the hospital. i think you should just stay home and rest for a little while."

"mom, that's what i've been doing for two years now." ethan said. "please."

lisa sighed. "fine, but be home by eight." she said. ethan smiled, waving as his family drove away.

"what did you wanna do?" you asked as you and ethan walked to your car.

"i wanna take you somewhere. let me drive." ethan said.

"ethan, you did just get out of the hospital," you chuckled. "if you get into a car crash, you're paying for my hospital bill." you chuckled. ethan smiled.

"well hopefully i die in the car crash instead of cancer." he chuckled.

"ethan. don't do that. don't joke about cancer. it's not funny." you said. he looked at you, and grabbed our hand, kissing it.

"i'm sorry baby. but you have to admit my cancer jokes are funny." he mumbled into the back of your hand.

you playfully rolled your eyes. you felt his grin against your hand, followed by wetness, which was ethans tongue.

"ew! ethan, that's gross!" you said snatching your hand away. "don't lick me, you dog." you laughed.

"we're almost there." ethan said. after a few minutes of driving into the woods, he stopped.

"come on, hot stuff." he smiled hopping out of the car.

"what are you gonna kill me?" you chuckled.

ethan laughed and grabbed your hands. "yeah i have all my murder weapons in my secret hide out."

"really?" you asked.

"no, (y/n)." ethan laughed dragging you into the forest.

part two next😌😘