Chapter 28

"Scarlett, please look at me. I need you to snap out of it. Everything is going to be okay. I will work things out." I don't know how long I was staring but I looked up into his eyes, they were filled with worry. I felt warm moistness upon my cheeks. Apparently I had been crying, but that is a given since this is all fucked up now. She can't be here. I don't want her here. She will just make everything worse, like it could anyway.

"How long was I spaced out?" I changed the subject in my head trying to get my mind off the text, but it kind of didn't work.

"About an hour. I didn't call the nurses because I know how much you hate them." He said reassuring me. But really? An hour?

"Thanks," I looked around and noticed that Destinie and Tyler were gone,"where are they?"

"They had to go. Dess said she might make it back, but she isn't sure because she needs to help with packing." I nodded my head. There was a long silence until he spoke up again,"Um, do you maybe want to talk about it?"

"I rather not. I don't know. I do. I just don't know what to do. Should I ask her to bail me out?' I asked. You know, now that she is here I guess she can get me out of this hospital.

'i wouldn't, you'd just be stuck with her." he said, and then my phone buzzed again. I stared at my phone as did Dylan. I hesitantly picked my phone up and read the text.

'I wanna see you. I was also thinking of moving back in with you.' My question is, what the fuck kind of drugs is she on? the last time she actually talked to me was when she was yelling at my face. why the hell does she want to move back in?

'Are you home?' No. I put my phone on my lap. i can't bring myself to text her back.

'Why aren't you answering me?'  I guess I should tell her, since she is basically on her way. She never said how close she was, I am betting she's not that far.

'I'm in the hospital you bitch. You know why? I tried killing myself! You whore.' I pressed send. I know she's my mother and all but she needs to see how much I hate her.

'Oh my God! I'm close. I should be there in 20 minutes.' She didn't even react to what I had called her. Yep, she is definitely on drugs. 

"what's going on?" Dylan asked with a confused and worried look on his face. 

"My mother is coming to the hospital." Oh my god. I just realized she's coming. I can't breathe. I searched for Dylan's hand.

"What am I going to do? I don't want to see her. I don't want to." I started crying and I think hyperventilating because I definitely couldn't breathe.

"Shhhhh. Take slow breaths. Calm down. It'll be okay. I'll have my mom come and talk to her." He said stroking my cheek. My fast paced breathing started to slow down.

"But will she make it here on time? My mom is on her way now." I'll have to face my mom with Dylan. Who knows what she'll do to him. He was the whole reason she started yelling at me. I mean I don't regret it because he has made my life a whole lot better.

"I'm texting her now." He texted her and held my hand. He gently kissed the back of my hand. It calmed me down. 

"She's about fifteen minutes out." I told Dylan. I really did not want to see my mom. She made me feel like shit for 8 years. She finally left, which hurt me pretty bad, but she was gone. All I had to deal with was Destinie and Katrina. Destinie turned out to be one of my friends so I only had to deal with Katrina. I am not ready to have to deal with her. As soon as I'm out of this hospital I am going apartment shopping. 

We waited until Dylan's mom showed up which wasn't that long. I'm just sitting here staring blankly at the wall in the distance. I heard Dylan and Katlyn, but I was too out of it to even tune into their words.  There was a knock at the door and my heart stopped,"Scarlett,, you mother is here to see you." I looked yo Dylan and Katlyn. He grabbed my hand reassuring me. I nodded, maybe I can do this. Maybe I can talk to my mom.Who am I kidding, I cannot do this.