Chapter 2

After an awkward lunch, well for me, the bell for lunch to end rang loudly, even though it rings at the same volume every time. I grabbed my things and walked to my last class. Moments later, a curious and worry filled Dylan was walking next to me.

"Don't you have class?" I asked him with a small smile.

"Yes. It's in the same building as yours is. Now, can you please tell me what's up?" He asked with concern. I don't want to get attached to him because I'm gonna be gone by the end of this evening. he can't get attached to me either. it would be horrible and just a mess.

"Yeah, the sky is what's up and soon it will be the ceiling," I said jokingly trying to avoid his question as we walked inside the building.

"You know what I mean," he said with a slight smile.

"This is my class," I told him stopping to say goodbye.

"Well tomorrow you and I are talking about why you look sad," he said,"promise?"

"Maybe," Yet again, avoiding his question,"Bye Dylan."

"Bye Scarlett," his voice was angelic. It went perfect with his short, dark, brown hair and his velvety, hazel-brown eyes. The minute bell rang and I realized I was drooling. Oops.... I walked into class and sat in my assigned seat like I did everyday.

I liked Dylan because he made me forget about my sadness, for the most part. He brought a smile to my face, a real one. I usually have to fake a smile so no one suspects. Dylan can see past that fake smile though, which makes it pretty difficult to get past him with just an okay. 

Class went by very fast and when the bell rang I rushed out, head down, and I ran into someone dropping my books. I bend down picking up my books yelling at the person," Watch where you are-" it was Dylan. I ran into him. of course it had to be him of all people. 

"Sorry," we both said it in perfect harmony. We both laughed. My god, his laugh is beautiful. We walked to the buses silently. When we stopped at my bus he gave me a hug which was an unexpected one. What is wrong with this boy? Honestly though, this hug was nice, almost accepting. Except, I'm not a hugger, yet this one was nice and I wanted to last longer. What is going on right now?

He was a true friend in a way, he smiled and said,"Bye beautiful."

Okay, let's get this straight, I am only average. I have never thought of myself as beautiful because there are far more beautiful girls out there in the world,"Bye," I said. I got on the bus. Oh and just a little fun fact about myself, I barely drive my car. Even though I prefer it, I rather save money and not pay for gas. I found the seat I usually sit in to be occupied by a little freshman. I usually get my seat to myself because people just want to avoid me, but I guess for this last day I'll compromise to sitting with the small child.