C h a p t e r 25: Smile

Start from the beginning

"She said she's busy revising for an exam. She passes her greetings to all of you." He nervously smiled to hide his lie.

"Oh, the exam! I'm going to fail so hard." Tanya screamed while leaning dramatically on Ronnie.

He whispered something in her ears and she grinned at him before she jumps hugging him and thanking him. A shy blush showed in his face so he just nodded and got away from her.

Asta rolled her eyes at her friend and suggested:" So, let's go to Starbucks. I want a hot chocolate right now, maybe a pizza when I go back home..."

They all agreed to her idea then start walking in silence.

With every step we walk, we discover something new in our lives. With every word we say, we change something in our path...

We never lie about something determinate. And we never cry after moving on.

Life can be a ball of luck walking, for the good and bad, it can either be with you... or hit you. It's all related to the reason.

You need luck, but for what?

Why did I lie? I could've said she didn't answer, it's an invalid li- holy shit!

It was Valencia getting out of her brother's car followed by him.

Asking for a lucky lie was not something I can get I guess... why did I lie anyway? I was meant to become closer to her, I need that. And yet, I still find it hard to get close to her for the wrong reasons...

Declan kept praying that his friends won't see them, that Valencia and Zack would disappear quickly because he knew that he can't explain why he lied.

Zack noticed him, but he saw how much he was avoiding the eye contact.

Well, I don't wanna ruin my time alone with my sister. We didn't get the chance to go out since she came back.

So he just ignored him and kept walking.

"So tell me... since I came back it's always about me. Tell me do you have a girlfriend or something?" She asked him, grinning.

"Eh... I had one girlfriend last year. It didn't work out, it was awful to be fair." He laughed.

"How bad?"

"The bitch was a psycho. She shows up every day at nine in the morning in front of our home and keeps ringing the bell till I open the door. If I don't she starts calling me and bothering the neighbours. I tried to tell her to stop but she starts arguing about it. She even told me I should give her a copy of the key so she can go in and prepare breakfast for me, every day."

A waitress came and they ordered two hot chocolate then he continued.

"One day I woke up to find her and her parents at my door. And trust me I never met them,  I've only dated her for like two weeks. They said they want things to get serious and I should propose soon."

"What did you do?" Valencia asked between her laughs.

"I leant on one knee and they all opened their mouths... I looked at her and whispered softly 'I wanna break up with you.'"

And that's when they both started laughing so loud.

At that moment, Valencia's phone vibrated. She looked down and noticed a message from a blocked number. Not wanting to make her brother notice, she stopped laughing slowly then opened it.

《I wonder why you never smiled that way when you were my guest.
Smile when you still can smile, soon, you'll be running a mile.》

***

I UPDATED!

I'm so sorry guys for this 2months late! I had exams, then Ramadan came (RAMADAN MUBARAK).

But the most important this is that I've had this annoying writer's block I swear I'm still suffering from it maybe that's why this chapter may be a little bit boring.

SO GUYS I'm gonna participate in the wattys2017! (In case you care huh 😔)

I hope you're having a great summer!

Valencia reached 8.27k, by the way, let's celebrate! 🍕🍕

Don't get bored yet I promise you shit is about to go down *cheers*

Xoxo.