Chapter Twenty

Chapter 20

1 year later

Katniss's POV

I couldn't wait it was about four weeks until we graduated! I was so excited! Peeta was taking me to some party he was throwing at the school. I was dressed in a cream colored strapless dress. The top of it was studded with gold diamonds and the skirt came our of a belt just below my breast line. it reached my knees and it was a type of dress that would sway in the wind. I was so excited to be wearing my prom dress again . When Peeta arrived he drove us to the school. I walked into the gym and smiled at everybody. The guys wore tuxes while the girls wore dresses, or their prom dress. We danced, ate and sang the whole time. About ten minutes 'til midnight every girl started screaming and running toward the stage. I looked over and saw Jason Deluro coming onto the stage. At first I think that I'm dreaming but the I really do see him. I walk over as fast as I can. He looks at us and smiles. "This is to all those special ladies out there!" he says into the microphone. As soon as the beat of the music starts to play I already know what song he's going to sing. He makes his way down from the stage and the crowd parts like the Red Sea. He walks up to me and sings. "Oh forever being loved so there ain't no need to rush but one day I won't be able to ask you loud enough, I'll say-" he takes my hand and twirls me around. When I turn around I see Finnick holding a card at the end of the gym it says "Will" then Annie's says "You" then Clove's says "Marry" then Peeta's says "Me" I cover my hand over my mouth with tears in my eyes. I hadn't noticed before but they are each holding a rose and there are red rose petals leading up to Peeta. I run into his arms while Jason's still singing. Peeta twirls me around as I start to feel tears escape my eyes.
"105 is the number that comes to my head when I think of all the years I want to be you, wake up every morning with you in my bed. That's precisely what I... plan to do... yeah." When he finishes and Peeta releases me. He gets down on one knee, as he holds a small black box out.
"Katniss, will you marry me?" I can feel the tears starting again.
"Yes, of course I will!" I hug him around the neck and kiss him on the lips. Everybody's clapping and the girls are "aww"ing. Jason comes over and shakes Peeta's hand and gives me a hug.
"I'm glad you called me, Peeta." Jason says.
"You know him?" I ask Peeta.
"Yeah, he was my neighbor before you moved in. So when he gave me his number we kept in contact an he agreed to help me with this." he says motioning to the gym. "Plus I know how much of a fan you are." my knees go weak, and I fall into Peeta's arms.
"Congratulations, Katniss. I will be coming to the wedding, with a surprise so I shall see you soon." he says. He reaches into his jacket and says. "I almost forgot, I got ya an autographed cap." he puts a white autographed ball cap on my head and I faint onto the floor.
________________

Yeah I know, falling on the floor that's a bit cliché, but what'eves. I would do the same! I love Jason Deluro. Let me know what ya think. Have a good day (or night) Love Lauren. : )