Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

Katniss's POV

It takes me about a week to get over Ca-him. I still can't say his name with bursting into tears. I've been spending a lot of time with Peeta and I never realized how amazing he could be. I was thinking that he started to like me again. I don't know what I'm feeling with him but its a good feeling. When we sit at our usual table I was so sure that he was going to ask me out. I was excited, for the first time in a long time.

Peeta's POV

When I get to school I talk to Finnick; today was a big day. "Hey, Fish boy." I say to Finnick.

"Hey bread boy." he smiles at me and says.

"Ya ready for lunch?"

"Yeah, does she know what's going on?"

"Yep," he says to me.

When I enter the lunchroom I see Katniss sitting at our usual table with Gale. (Since Cato left Gale agreed to hang out with us. He's actually really cool.) I walk over with my tray and sit between Katniss and Glimmer. When everyone is at the table Finnick signals me and I turn to Glimmer.

"Hey Glim." I say in a flirty voice, but I'm not very good.

"Hi, Peeta." she says flirting too. I take a deep breath and glance at Katniss. I can feel her body tense.

"I was wondering if you would like to go out with me on Friday?" I ask Glimmer. Katniss stands up suddenly with her chair falling behind her. She stomps away to the trash and throws her plate in the trash pushing past people hard. We all smile at each other, even Gale smiles. "Well that went better than planned." Gale says.

"Yeah, really well." I say. I get up, fix her fallen chair and dump my tray. When I go to look for her she comes out of the bathroom. When she sees me she tries to run away. I grab her by the waist and pin her up against the wall. "Katniss what is so wrong?" I ask.

"Why did you ask her out? What about us?" she screams. As soon as she hears what she said she blushes but doesn't break eye contact with me. I look at her and say.

"What do you mean by us you aren't over Cato, until then I can't waist my time on you-" she doesn't let me finish. Instead she places her lips onto mine. She pushes her hands against my chest and slides it down. When she pulls away she says. "Tell me you don't feel that spark," she says.

"I feel it, every time I kiss you, hug you, look at you, even touch you but I'm not going to love you when you don't love me back!" I tell her.

"I am over Ca-him," she says shaking her head.

"Katniss say his name with out crying and I will believe you." I tell her.

"Ca-" she stops her self takes a deep breath and looks me in the eyes and says. "Peeta I am over... Cato. I want to be with you." I look her in the eyes and say.

"I want to be with you, too." she smiles and hugs me around the neck. "Can I take you out to dinner on Friday?" I ask her.

"Yes, I would love that." she tells me kissing my cheek and just like I had said warmth flooded thru me.

I was going to go to class but got stopped by the principal. "Mr. Mellark, could you do me a favor and show this new student around?" he asks me.

"Of course," I say. Mr. Flickerman turns and guides the new student toward me.

"Hi," I say with my hand out.

"Peeta?" she says. I look at her in confusion and say.

"Do I know you?"

"I'm Cashmere, your ex-girlfriend." she tells me.

Katniss's POV

I walk thru the halls happy again and say hello to everyone I see. The teachers smile and kids wave. I see Peeta talking to someone and walk over to him. I come up behind him and put my hands over his eyes. "Guess who," I say in a normal voice.

"Taylor Swift?" he says sarcastically. I laugh and uncover his eyes. He smiles at me and give me a kiss on my left temple.

"Well Peeta aren't you going to introduce us?" some random girl asks.

"I'm Katniss, Peeta's girlfriend." she shakes my and says.

"I'm Cashmere, Peeta's ex-girlfriend." she says giving me a glare when she said ex. I turn to Peeta and say.

"We'll talk later I have to go, I'm gonna be late to class." I give Peeta another kiss on the cheek and head over to P.E.

________________

How was it? Did you expect Cashmere to be here. I wasn't going to put Catching Fire characters in here but Finnick's in here so what the heck? I now need 90 votes to update chapter 10. Love Lauren, have a good day (or night)