Chapter Fourteen

Just this once I will post a chapter even though I didn't get 80 votes. Enjoy.

Chapter 14

Katniss's POV

When I get to school on Tuesday I look and see Cashmere leaning against the hall making out with Peeta. She is pinned up against the locker with his arms on the lockers and his body on hers. I can see her wince while she ears his face off. I groan and everybody looks his way. I hear them whisper some not so nice things and walk on down the hall. When I get closer to them I see its my locker they're blocking.
"$&@%, they're making out on my locker!" I whine. Gale smiles and says.
"I got this." he cracks his knuckles and walks up to them. He grabs Peeta and throws his against the lockers opposite of him.
"What's you problem!" Peeta cries out.
"I tend to get mad when someone hurts my best friend, you @$&!" He yells at him. Instead of getting up, Peeta just sits there on the floor. Gale turns to Cashmere and says.
"Hello, Cashmere. We all know that your a $/#% and I can get Annie over here if you wouldn't mind moving away from Katniss's locker." he says in a sweet voice. She scrammbles to get off the floor and runs away over to Peeta when he gets up she runs and pulls him along. We're all cracking up except Finnick he wears a deathly expression.

Peeta's POV

Cashmere drags me off down the hall away from my friends. I pull her hand and she's whipped back forced to look at me. "Cashmere I'm tired of getting beat up by my friends. This has to stop!" I tell her.
"Well it's not my fault that the group feels sorry for a pathetic girl, like Katniss." She retorts.
"I don't want to be with you, I never did." I tell her. She takes out her phone and says.
"Don't you remember our little deal?" she says. I grab her wrist and she drops the phone. I take my foot and smash the thing into a million pieces. She screams and sinks down to her knees to recover anything from it. "Consider yourself dumped." I say walking away.

I walk away from the counter and look around the cafeteria. I see Katniss and my friends sitting at the table, they were laughing and having a good time. I walk over to their table and their smiles turned it to glares in seconds. I clear my throat and try to sit down. Gale takes the extra chair and throws it across the room.
"Sorry, no more room." he says with a sarcastic smile.
"Can I say something?" I ask them.
"What do you want, Mellark?" Finnick says slamming his hands on the table.
I flinch when he uses my name. I know what you may be thinking. 'That's your name stupid,' but Finnick wouldn't usually use Peeta unless we're with our friends. I knew how much trouble I was in when he used my last name. I was in a ten foot hole, and it was getting bigger. I cleared my throat. "I wanted to tell you that the only reason I dumped Katniss was because Cashmere was blackmailing me. I was trying to protect Katniss. Believe me if you want but I just came her to appologize to Katniss." I turn to her and say. "I'm sorry, Katniss." I turn around but not before I catch a glimpse of Finnick. He still has his fists on the table but his face is full of confusion.

Finnick's POV

I sit down as soon as Peeta leaves. I stare down at my tray in confusion. When I finally can't take it anymore I look up to see Peeta leaving. I dump my tray and run after him. When I catch up to him he's cowering down.
"Peeta..." I say catching my breath. "Get up! Did you really mean that what you said?" I ask him.
"Yes," he goes on to tell me about Glimmer and Butch and I look at him when he's do.
"I am so relieved!" I grab his shoulders and give him a hug. "I thought I had lost you to that $&@$%, you need to tell Katniss and then you'll be in the clear with the group." I tell him.
"No," he says shaking his head. "I'm going to stay under the radar for a while. My mom's offered me to be home schooled and I am considering it. I'm tired of all the drama and girl crap, I have to go." he starts to walk off but stops and says. "Promise me you won't tell Katniss," I nod my head, then he's gone.

________________

So what do you think Finnick's going to do? I know that this is a little short but this is a filler. So I'm going to stay at 180 votes. Have a good day (or night) Love Lauren. : )