Chapter Two

Chapter 2

Katniss's POV

I sit down on my favorite living room chair after school exhausted. I sit here for about ten minutes when I hear a knock at the door. "Hello?" I say answering the door.
"Hey," Peeta says smiling friendly. "My friends are coming over to hang out and I thought I should ask you over too."
"Why? You never have before,"
"Well we weren't 'dating' before," he whispers as he uses air quotations.
"Alright I'll be over in a few minutes." I say.
"I'll see ya then." then he leaves. I grab my phone, and my hunting brown leather jacket and leave texting my mom where I'm going. Prim's at Rue's so I don't have to worry about babysitting. When I get to his house I see Annie and Finnick have arrived. When I enter the living room I see Annie on her phone, as Finnick talks to Peeta in the kitchen. Annie looks up and smiles at me. "Hello Katniss," she says.
"Hello,"
"We didn't mean to make you feel unconfortable today at lunch."
"It wasn't you, it was mainly Cato. His creepiness goes a long way back." I tell her.
She smiles and nods.
"Oh, yes it does. So what's stopped you from kissing Peeta?" She asks with a gentle smile.
"Look can I tell you a secret?" I say lowering my voice.
"Of course, I'm not like Clove and Glimmer I won't tell anyone, I swear." she says.
"Alright... Peeta and I aren't really dating, he's just a blockade so I won't have to go out with Cato."
"Why don't you just tell Cato you don't like him?"
"Because his dad is my mom's boss and with one phone call Cato can get my mom fired and we really need the money, she's almost a full time doctor."
"I understand Katniss I use to be in a situation like that, I won't tell anyone not even Finnick." she says setting her hand on top of mine.
"Peeta! We're here!!" Glimmer screams from the front door. I hear Cato walk in too and I see him walking in the living room. I get up quickly but it's not fast enough he smiles and grabs me by my waist from behind. "Hey Kitty Kat," he says breathing down my neck.
"Hello Cato," I say trying not to make him mad.
"You still with Peeta?" he asks really close to my face.
"Yes, I am." I look at Annie and she leaves
-hopefully to get Peeta- Cato smiles.
"Finally, we're alone." he says kissing my cheek. Peeta hurry I think. His hand slide down my arms. I don't move hoping Peeta gets here. As he starts to kiss my neck Peeta bursts thru the kitchen door. "Cato, what are you doing with my girlfriend?" He asks with chips in his hand.
"I was showing her where she should get a tat. Right here on her neck line."
"Oh yeah what should it be?" Peeta asks not believing a word he says. Cato pulls my hair to the right pointing to a spot on my collar bone. "A heart," he says. He steps on my heal ever so slightly.
"That would look nice but I don't want a tatoo, sorry to waist your time Cato." I say giving him a sad smile. He releases me happy with my performance. I walk over to Peeta causally and say. "Need some help?" he smiles and takes my hand as we walk into the kitchen. When we're in the kitchen. He turns to me grabbing my shoulders lightly. "Are you okay, did he..."
"No, he just kissed my cheek and neck." I say. "But his hands were wondering south little by little. Luckly you came in before they found what they were feeling for." I say shaking.
"Stay by my side and I won't let him touch you,"
"Okay," I say. I look at him and smile. He hands me a glass of nonalcoholic bubbly water, and we walk back into the living room hand-in-hand. We set the stuff on the coffee table and sit on the floor against the wall. I sit In front of Peeta with his legs spread out to my sides and my back leaning on his solid chest. "Hey let's play a game." Finnick says. "Let's play, truth or dare."
"Oo I'll go first!" Glimmer says. "Katniss truth or dare?"
"Truth,"
"If you had to choose who would you go out with, Cato, Haymitch, Finnick, or Gale?"
"What about Peeta?" I ask.
"You're already dating him, silly!" she says giggling.
"I guess... I would go out with... Gale, I guess." I try not to look at Peeta but I can tell he's not happy from how his grip loosened when I said Gale. "Um... Cato truth or dare?"
"Dare." he says.
"I dare you pick a girl that you like and kiss her." I see the smile and see him get up. "That's not me," I say. His smile lessens and he walks over to Clove and kisses her. Then he sits down.
"Peeta, truth or dare."
"Dare," I grimes I can tell by the horrible smile on his face its going to be about me.
"I dare you to make-out with... Johanna." I kind of hold my breath. Peeta shakes his head no.
"I'm not going to kiss anyone when I haven't even kissed Katniss."
"Fine, kiss Katniss." crap I think.
"Cato-" Peeta starts. I turn around and whisper in his ear.
"Lets just get it over with, then they'll leave us alone about it." He thinks about it for a second then shakes his head.
"Alright," he says with a frown. When I lean in he says. "I'm sorry but I'm not going to kiss her for the first time I front of you guys." he says. He takes my hand and takes me to his room. He shuts and locks the door. "I know they'll try to come in here." he says with a frown. I sit on his bed and he comes over and sits to my left. He leans in enough to touch his forehead to mine. I look at him and say. "We don't have to do this, I mean kiss not..." I just trail off trying not to think about it.
"If we're going to be a 'couple' then they'll expect us to kiss all the time. Maybe if we get out first kiss over with then it will be easier to kiss in front of them." he says.
"Yeah and when it's over then we can ignore each other and go back to our lives." I say. Is that what you really want? I think.
"Alright let's get it over with," he says with a frown. I nod and he pushes his lips onto mine. I feel a sudden warmth flood thru me immediately. He kisses me so softly, it's not sloppy, wet, hard, forced or rough. It's perfect and I feel like I need more. I slide my hand up his strong, solid chest and into his golden hair. He pulls me closer with his hands on my waist, I put my arms onto his shoulders. My lips move in synch with his as I never want it to end. He breaks away when we hear a small knock at the door.
"The dare was for you to kiss not have your first-"
"Finnick!" Peeta barks cutting him off. He avoids my eyes and opens the door. I get off the bed so Finnick doesn't suspect anything then walk out the door when it's open.
"Well Kitty Kat, how was it?" Finnick asks me after Peeta excused himself to the bathroom.
"Finnick, it was just a kiss."
"Well was it what you wanted?" he asks with a smile on his face.
"Yes, it was actually my first kiss. Don't tell everyone maybe Annie but no one else!" I instruct him.
"I promise," he says with a smile.
We walk into the living room and everyone looks at me.
"Well?" Clove asks.
"Well what?" I ask.
"Glimmer can tell if you actually kissed." I look at Glimmer and she narrows her eyes and looks at me. "Ahh, they did!" she squeals.
"Yes, we kissed and I would have told you myself."
"How was it?" Glimmer asks me as all the girls gather around me.

Peeta's POV

I standing in the bathroom with the door to my back. I've never kissed a girl like that before I think about what just happened.

I sit beside her with my forehead on hers. "We don't have to do this, I mean kiss not..." She says trailing off.
"If we're going to be a 'couple' then they'll expect us to kiss all the time. Maybe if we get out first kiss over with then it will be easier to kiss in front of them." I tell her.
"Yeah and when it's over then we can ignore each other and go back to our lives." She says quietly.
"Alright let's get it over with,"I tell her she nods and I press my lips on to her soft lips. Kissing her was maybe the greatest kiss I've ever had, how could I hate her but like kissing her so much? She waits a a minute then slides her hand up my chest and into my hair. I pull her closer with my hands on her waist. She puts her arms on my shoulders and moves her lips in sync with mine, I was think about doing something but then I hear a knock on the door. I break away and hear Finnick say.
"The dare was for you to kiss not have your first-"
"Finnick!" I barks cutting him off knowing that he means 'doing it'. I avoids her eyes and opens the door.
She walks down the hall with Finnick after I excuse myself to the bathroom.

How is this possible I've never even thought about how she looks since I first met her. Now all I can think of is her perfect bone structure and her hair how its always in a braid and how she maid me feel when I first kissed her. Great I've fallen for my enemy. I think to myself. I open the door and go back down stairs. I find them all watching a movie in the screening room. I walk in and they all look at me. I sit by Katniss and put my arm on her shoulders lightly.
"Hey, babe." and kiss her on the lips again. It sends a rush of warmth thru my body. Then we all watch the movie. It's one of those romance/horror films and every time the character walks to the door with scary music playing Katniss puts her face into my shirt clutching my shirt with her fists. I catch myself smiling and see Finnick has caught me smiling too. He raises a brow at me, he knows about how Katniss and I are not dating for real and he understands our reasons for doing this completely. I go to the kitchen and soon Finnick comes waltzing in.
"That was some kiss," he says.
"Yeah-" I think. "-Wait what do you mean?"
"I was looking for the bathroom and found the security room and saw you're first kiss." he says with a sly smile.
"Wait you know where the bathrooms are... Finnick!"
"Anyways does this change your view of Kat?" he asks me.
"I don't know... every time I kiss her I feel really warm all of a sudden, and my heart rate speeds up then I look into her eyes and I feel like its just her and me alone in a room. Even when there is someone in the room. What sense can you make of this?" I ask him. I look up and notice his smile has changed from a sly one to a genuine one.
"Dude, I think you're fallin' for her."
"What? We hate each other how can I fall for her when she probably doesn't even like me?" I ask him.
"I don't know but if I was you I wouldn't let her go," he tells me then leaves.