Chapter Six

Thanks for voting here's Chapter 6

________________

Chapter 6

Katniss's POV

Monday morning.

I woke-up, did my usual rutine and went to school. I car pooled with Gale because I didn't want to see Peeta. When we got to the school I didn't see Peeta anywhere so I went to my locker. I had just gotten it open when someone stepped behind it. I grab what I need and then shut it. It turns out it was Cato, he smiles-not smirks- at me and says.

"I heard things didn't work out with you and Peeta." he says.

"Yeah, it didn't." I clutch my heavy math book to my chest.

"So I was thinking you could be my girlfriend since Peeta and you are over." he says.

"What about Clove?" I ask him.

"She's in love with Thresh." he tells me.

"Cato I need some time to get over Peeta, I can't be his girlfriend one day and be yours the next." he leans close to my ear and says.

"You will be my girlfriend starting today if your mom wants to keep her precious job." I freeze but to keep it unsuspecting he kisses my cheek.

"Alright," I tell him. "I'll be your girlfriend. I'll do what ever you want but I will not have sex with you, not with Peeta and certainly not with you." I tell him.

"I knew you would be mine." he gives me a kiss and steps on my foot digging into my foot until I kiss him back. He takes my hand and we walk down the hall to first hour.

At lunch I've been avoiding Peeta all day and now I have to sit with him. He's already at the table and when I walk over he smiles and is about to say something until I sit down beside Cato. I can see the concussion in his face until Cato throws his arm around my shoulders and kisses my temple. All I look at is my food but I can feel Peeta glaring at me. When I'm about to leave he gets up and walks by me whispering. "Who's moved on now?" with disgust. I wait until Cato's done and we dump our trays. He pulls me along to some place then leans me up agains a wall.

"So how was you day so far?" he asks me with his hands on the small of my back.

"Why do you want to know?" I ask with an edge in my voice.

"Katniss I really do care about you, if I'm going to be your boyfriend I want to be a good one. If you want we can take it slow." he tells me, I just stand there in awe I didn't know Cato was that deep. I nod my head and say.

"I had a good day, thanks... for not making me rush."

"It's okay," he says touching his forehead to mine. "Katniss... can I kiss you." I look at him and say.

"Sure," he smiles gently and leans in to kiss me. He doesn't step on my foot or hold my arms with a death grip, so I kiss him back. I can feel someone looking at us and open my eyes... it's Peeta, he has this look of disgust on his face. I know that he did that to Cato and can't stand the thought of him doing it to me. Before I know it a single tear falls from my cheek.

A Month Later

I've been dating Cato for a month and today was our one month anniversary. I got him a nice watch, since us being together got my mom a full time doctor job promotion. When I'm at my locker he sneaks up behind me and taps my shoulder.

"Cato!" I say exited to see him.

"Hey, babe." he gives me a kiss. "Happy Anniversary!" he says pulling a full bouquet of Lilies from behind his back. I gasp and take them I smell the yellow Lilies; for they are my fave! "You remembered!" I say. I turn to my locker and hand him the small little red box. He opens it and smiles.