Splish Splash

Me and Jacob wait in line to enter the gift shop for some sunblock, and yes we had to wait in line and might I add that it was dreadful.

The sun scorched my back as we inched ourselves forward in the slow pacing line, it felt like we were in line for an autograph instead of sunblock. Jacob tried to crack jokes to pass the time, it did not help, not at all.

"So a panda walks into a restaurant-"

"um, how is this relevant?" I asked shading my eyes with my hand from the bright sun.

"just listen, listen okay?"

"I'm listening"

he cracked a smile. "So a panda walks into a restaurant and orders a sandwich-"

"-not bamboo?" I asked interupting.

"LISTEN!!" he screamed as people turned towards us in curiousity as to what is going on.

"okay, okay" I said with raised hands.

"so the panda orders a sandwich and eats it then he shoots the waitor-"

"awe"

he gave me a look.

"sorry"

"after that he gets up to leave, the manager is outragous and yells at the panda 'hey you just shot my waitor and didn't pay for the sandwich' the panda turns towards the waitor 'hey I'm a panda! look it up! the manager looks it up and reads 'Pandas are black and white rare bears that live in Asia, they eat shoots and leaves"

I start laughing hysterically. That was actually pretty funny, even the people nearby waiting in line were chuckling.

Tears fell down my eyes which cooled my sunburnt cheeks. "Jacob sometimes I wonder about you" I chuckle.

"I wonder about you too Nicole"

I smiled, today was getting better and better.

**

After getting the sunblock that was Sixteen dollars and thirty five cents!! we headed toward a seating area where we dropped our bags down to the chairs, I flipped open the new sunblock and inhaled the smell of sunblock.

I squirted some on my hand and rubbed it against my left arm, it was cold leaving a cool sensation through out my arm, the next thing I knew my right arm, left arm, and my legs were covered in sunblock. After getting my face and neck I needed to get my back which was hard for me to reach.

When I usually go to a beach or a waterpark in this situation I had Dania to have my back, literally. Today there is no Dania, only Jacob. Lisa and Trent wondered off earlier not waiting for us getting sunblock since the line was long, leaving me with Jacob. Should I ask? or will that be too awkward?? what the fuck I do not want to get my back sunburnt, I have to ask!

"Hey um Jacob?"

"yeah" he said turning toward me, He was pulling out his towel from his bag.

"Hey can you uh get my back for me?" I asked biting my lip, I regret asking it, he might now think i'm a loot.

"Yeah sure"

"say what now?… I mean thanks" I laughed nervously. I handed him the sunblock and he shakily took it.

I pushed my hair over to my left shoulder so my hair wont get in the way.

I can here the squirt of the sunblock from behind me and I felt so nervous I closed my eyes shut.

Seconds later a cold substence was pressed on my back and I jumped with and "ah"

"oops sorry" I heard Jacob mumble behind me.

I nodded in forgiveness and went back to where I was standing before.

He rubbed my back with suncream making me try so hard to hold in a moan.

I giggled to hide my nerveousness. Stay calm Nicole, no one enjoys their stepbrother rubbing their back with sunblock!!

well, except for me…

When Jacob was done he looked like he was holding in a fart for a very long time and finally let go. I guess I looked the same because the next thing I know a girl is tapping my shoulder from behind.

"Hm?" I say as I turn around to see a blonde headed girl with soaken hair, wrapping her wet body in a towel.

"Hi sorry to interupt but my brother wants to speak to you"

"your brother?" I asked shocked. Why did her brother want to speak to me?

"Yeah he says it's urgent"

I smiled apologetically to Jacob who seemed a bit too worried about me going to meet her brother. Gosh sometimes Jacob worries too much.

"Jake, no worries I can take care of myself" His face softened at the nickname but he still looked worried.

The girl led me down the the cement pathway guiding me to a smoothie shack where a boy with blonde hair was sitting on a stool facing the opposite direction so I couldn't get a view of his face.

"there he is" the girl guestured at the boy who I was currently staring at.

I nodded my head and walked over to the blonde headed boy with worry striking my every step. What if I can't take care of myself? What if I really do need Jacob striding forward right next to me? What if I do need the reasuring squease of my palm to calm my unsettled nerves?

By the time I reached the blonde headed boy anxiety attacked making my heart beat faster, as suspence got the worst of me, so I coughed.

The blonde headed boy faced toward me.

"Chase?" I gasped as recognition came in. Except it wasn't Chase, well not his normal self. I stared at his new preppy hair cut… what happened to his oh-so-cute skater boy look?

"In the flesh" He said with a white sparkling toothy smile.

"What happened? You changed?"

"You betcha"

"Why?"

"Don't you remember the email you sent me? about how you would date me if I went preppy? So now here I am, preppy" he said smiling.

"Chase, I never sent that email" I said sternly.

"Huh?"

"And second of all if I did, how would I get your email?"

"that's what I thought, but then I realized my email was on the Teen Volunteer website"

"Chase I never sent you that email" I said shocked as ever.

"Huh?" He asked as confused as me.

Who do I know that saw that email besides me? 

Sadly it only took me ten seconds to realize that Jacob saw that website from my computer too, that's at least what he told me when he came adopting me Lucky, who is currently at Danias house.

Why would Jacob send him that email?

memories flashed with rememberance when Jacob told my mom he was hanging out with Dex…

and now everything is falling together, and I don't even know what to do.