Royal Outburst

A/N: This chapter contains weird time jumps for suspense and fangirlling.

Rey's POV
I shuffle my way out to the junkyard I call my second home. I can't help, but think of where Kylo could have gone. He didn't steal anything... unless you count my heart.

I found someone I could finally trust, be myself around, and who I know would have my back and now what am I left with?

A broken heart.

I quickly go and grab some parts for trade absent mindlessly and contuine with my routine.

I trade with Unkar, then buy some portions, go home and make food, relax and drift to sleep.

Actually cry myself to sleep, but I sleep.

I wake and wipe my face free of the dried tears. I don't need him. I'm perfectly fine without him.

I hear a commotion outside suddenly. I spring to my feet and quickly exit my home making my way along the rooftops. I stop once close enough to see the royal family and Princess Bazine. They look startled, except the king, but King Han always puts on a brave face. Even in his wheelchair right now.

I didn't know he was that sick.

Prince Ben walks forward and I still have no clue as to what's going on.

"Where's Rey?" Prince Ben asks the audience.

And that's my cue to go hide.

(Time Jump Backwards to Morning)

Ben's POV
I go about my normal morning routine, but rather sluggishly.

I wonder what parts Rey found today. I wonder what she plans to do after she gets home and eats lunch. I sigh to myself.

"Cheer up Ben." Maz walks over to me placing a hand on my shoulder. "Someday you'll find happiness again."

I smile at her kind words. "Thank you."

I stand and exit the dining room. I go to my room and see Phasma with my outfit for the day. "What's the special occassion?" I ask and scratch my neck.

"You're announcing your engagement."

I yawn. "Oh yeah, that thing I'm being forced into." I walk over and lay on my bed.

"I'm sorry." Phasma sits down.

"For what?" I sit up.

"Letting you go out and find love."

I chuckle. "How do you know I found someone?"

"The way you looked longingly, yet lost this morning. You look distracted by something in the distance, but the truth is you were hoping to see someone you were thinking about."

I think back to breakfast. "Yeah I was, but it's impossible to see out that far."

"I'm sorry about the stupid law."

"I'll change that once I'm king. No son or daughter will ever have to marry without love involved."

"Make sure to change it, so they don't have to marry royalty."

"Good point." I smile at her. "Let's do this, shall we?"

(Time Jump to just before Rey's POV)

Han's POV
I sit in my wheelchair next to Leia as she talks about her son finding love. Only I know she's making it up. It sickens me knowing that Ben actually found someone and he can't be with her because of a stupid law. This is an affair or scandal even waiting to happen. As Leia goes on, I roll my eyes at her lies. My blood boils as I sit here watching my son be uncomfortable as I can imagine having to basically announce his love for this brat who is probably only here for the money and crown. I can't take this anymore.

"Enough!" I shout. Leia jumps and looks back at me. The crowd begins whispering back and forward and looking around as if someone nearby would have an anwser, as to my sudden outburst. "This law about royal marrying royal is rather dumb." I speak up and more people whisper. I roll my eyes. "A king made it, so surely I can unmake it. I, King Han Solo, proclaim that from this day forth the prince or princess shall marry whoever they love."

Ben turns and smiles at me. "Thank you dad." He rips his hand away from Bazine.

"Ben don't you dare-"

"Sit mother." Ben demands. He walks to the front of the balcony we use to talk to our people and/or watch the streets and marketplace. "Where's Rey?" The audience at my feet look among themselves. I try to find her in the sea of people, but can't. "I choose you Rey."

"This is outrageous!" Bazine shouts.

"Guards." Han nods to Bazine. "Escort here to her to her room."

"Right away sir." A stormtrooper says.

I look back to the crowd and still don't see her. "I need to find Rey as soon as possible. Anyone with any information shall be given a reward."

The crowd immediately becomes chaotic.

Rey's POV
I run. I run as fast as my legs can carry me. I make my way up the ladder and into my home.

This is it Rey. They know you found those stormtrooper clothes and didn't hand them over. They know and they're going to put you in jail.

What about the kids? I bury my head into my knees and begin crying. The kids are going to starve! I shouldn't have given away those clothes and blankets. Unkar probably turned me over to the stormtroopers.

I begin to panic while still crying and start hyperventilating. This is all Kylo's fault.

No Rey, this is your our fault for falling in love.