Scavenger of Jakku

Rey's POV
I walk down the sandy path in the market towards Unkar Plutt's. He's like the leader of the market, the stormtroopers and civilians listen to him. He doesn't like you, no one likes you, and your lucky if he doesn't send a stormtrooper after you.

I walk up to his cart of parts, while he is dealing with an angry customer.

"If you don't like the price, then go else where." Unkar tells a man.

"No one else has it!" The man claims.

I glance at the piece and realize I have one in my bag.

"Exactly why it is that price."

"You probably are hoarding them to raise the price."

Unkar stands from his chair... Unkar never stands from his chair unless he is mad.

Unkar isn't short nor tall, he is taller than me, but not by much. He is heavy set and quite chunky looking with a double chin to complete his outfit of ill fitting clothes, but at least it covers him.

Unkar grabs the piece from the man. He nods to me. "You see that lovely woman behind you."

"Yes." He looks me up and down.

I shift my bag. "What would you pay for this?"

I remember exactly where I got it. I scavenged it from an old imperial walker. Those are hard to find out here, especially without being previously scavenged.

I make my best thinking face. I got a whole portion for it, so I'm guessing he's asking two silver coins or two portions, so he still makes profit.

"I'd pay four silvers, five if it's clean, which it looks clean, or a gold coin since that's equal to five." I tell the man.

Unkar smiles and sits. "See, I'm selling it reasonably."

The man rolls his eyes. "She must be accustomed to your outrageous prices or work for you."

Unkar stands and nods to the stormtrooper. He always keeps one nearby for personal reasons. This being one.

"Thief!" Unkar shouts and the stormtrooper grabs the man taking the piece away. "Thank you!" Unkar exclaims as the stormtrooper hands the piece to him.

"No problem. We'll take care of this criminal right away." He says, then marches off with the man and a new stormtrooper takes over his spot.

"Ahh, Rey, my favorite lady, so sorry about the wait. What can I do for you today?" He smiles.

I smile and pull out two pieces. Beside the one he was trying to sell. I'll hold onto that and try for a few silvers later. "Just these two today. What can you do?"

He examines. "Well this one is rather normal and I have it already in stock, but since it's nicely cleaned and you had to wait I'll give you a silver and one quarter portion for your trouble." He sets down the first one and begins on the second one. "Someone found an imperial vechile."

I smile. "Maybe. I'll go search through it again tomorrow for that piece." I nod to the "almost stolen" one.

He chuckles. "That's my girl." He turns the piece over. "Two silvers." He sets it down.

"Deal." I smile and hold out my hand. He shakes it then opens his metal box of coins. He opens up a compartment on the cart and pulls out a quarter portion. He hands over my three silver coins and the quarter portion. "Pleasure doing business."

"As always." He smile and nods.

"See you tomorrow."

"I'll be here."