Unexpected Meetings

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Percy Jackson, nor Heroes of Olympus, Rick Riordan does

Hades' POV:

I'm sitting by the banks of the Styx river currently thinking about a recently escaped soul. I sigh and rub my face 'How is this soul so good at running away? It's like she trained to track down animals and chase after them for miles at a time...' I think to myself as I feel the Styx river pulse slightly.

"Huh?" I say as I kneel down next to the river and I notice its murky waters slowly becoming clearer.

Surprised at the sudden change in the river I keep watching it as it pulses with power and becomes clearer. I smile as I can check one thing off of my mile-long to-do list.

'Well, back to tracking down that escaped soul' I think to myself as I start walking down the newly empowered river.

Percy's POV:

I pull Styx into another hug before she puts her hand on my shoulder and I glow slightly for a moment. When the glow fades away I look at Styx.

"I gave you my blessing, you now can control the flow of my river, with my permission of course." Styx says and I smile

"Thanks, mom. But I should get going. I have a place where I think I can stay and hopefully live there." I say and Styx nods

"Alright, make sure you come and visit or have the river run by your place!" Styx says

"Sure, thing mom!" I say as I swim to the top of the river and climb out I look around and I start walking towards my destination

(Time skip a few hours/days)

I walk into a swamp and I smile when I notice the Hut that Damasen used to live in. I walk up to the hut and I notice a man standing inside of it. I pull out riptide and uncap it, I also activate the shield and I take a defensive stance.

"Who's there!?" I shout and the man turns around and my blood turns cold

Standing in Damasen's house was Tartarus himself. The primordial wore a black suit with what looked like souls in it, his eyes were completely black as he stared at me with an emotionless mask on his face.

"Well, if it isn't Perseus Jackson" Tartarus says with a slight tone of amusement "What brings you back to my domain?"

I look at Tartarus with complete confusion. 'Why isn't he trying to kill me? Why is there a growing smirk on his face! Why is he at Damasen's hut!!!' I thought to myself as I stayed quiet.

"I guess you're surprised that I'm here at my son's hut. Well, I come here from time to time to remind myself of when he stood against me to help you and that girl escape my domain. While he refused to fight in the war with his brothers he did make me proud at the way he fought alongside that drakon." Tartarus said and I lowered my shield slightly

"He was a good person with a good heart." I say and Tartarus nods

"I agree with you there. But there is another thing. The reason I'm here right now is so I can thank you. When you helped clean the Styx of its pollution, it helped clear my mind of everything." Tartarus said before waving his hand and a box appeared in his hands "This is a set of clothes I had created for you, as well as some more weapons. This is a gift of my thanks for helping clear up my maddening headache" He hands me the box before he waves his hand again and a small kitten appears in his hand.

The kitten jumps down onto the ground before running at me and jumping onto my shoulder. I realize with a start that the kitten is the same one from my first visit here.