Chapter 7

"Wow, what a dream!" I said to myself as I rose out of the forest of blankets I had resided in over the night. I shook out my fur, and toed my way over to the bedroom door. It was closed.

I scanned the room for another way out, and I noticed a crack in the balcony door, and I made my way towards it. I used my white paw to meddle with the crack until it was wide enough for me to slip my furry bulk through. I tried to stay quiet, as the older woman was still presently asleep. Once through the door, I replaced to copy the cracked state it had been prior to my awakening. After doing so, I continued my search for Bailey. It'd been a while since he had crossed my mind, I must admit. 

I made my way down the sidewalk towards the alley I had encountered the she demon yesterday. My gut told me not to come back to this side of town, but my angelic curiosity propelled me back; I just couldn't help myself. Little did I know, my eternal fate was in the balance. 

I was now sitting directly at the spot of the encounter. I stared deep down the alley, evaluating for any movement, but I saw no presence; nor did I feel anything. She wasn't in the alley, but she was going to be here soon. This time I would be ready.