Chapter 6

The sun was setting. I needed to find a place to rest, but my feet kept forcing me onward; I wanted to get as far away from that creepy alley as possible. 

I eventually made it to a nicer looking neighborhood a few roads down, the sun was nearly gone by the time I came to a  large house within the gated community. It was a grey - blue color, with a large lawn in front of it, and a 4 car garage off to its side. The lights were on in the upper level of the house, and I could see a balcony with some chairs and tables above me. There was an older woman sitting on one of them sipping from a steaming mug. She had a nice piece of property. 

Having visited earth many times before, I had conceived a plan to shelter myself while on missions that seemed to never fail. And now was time for it to commence. 

I began to approach her trash bins and lifted my white paws onto the side of her smaller recycling bin before using my body weight to send it toppling to the ground. The crash seemed to echo down the entire street, and I noticed it had startled a few dogs, as barking had erupted from the yard next door. I turned to face the front door waiting for the older woman to emerge; she was no longer on her balcony, so I assumed she was already headed down to investigate. I sat for a second or two, before hearing a click of her door unlocking. She stood on her front steps for a second before walking towards her recycle bin to recover its spilled units. I headed toward her mouth agape, yowling as distressed as I could sound. She finished up her project and turned to face me, and suddenly the brightness in her eyes became apparent. She was older than I first perceived. She had short pewter hair, with green, inviting eyes, and a slim figure; she was wearing a red satin robe and fuzzy slippers. She was obviously wealthy; she gazed at me as if she'd never been out of her room in her life. 

"You're just beautiful, little one! Are you lost?" I replied with taking my white, bushy tail and sliding it across her legs before looping around her to do it once more. She picked me up, and I knew that second my plan was going to be successful on my first attempt. I was hoping it would be; I'm exhausted! 

"I will do what I can to take care of you." She carried me inside her home, and up her winding staircase and placed me on her bedroom floor. I wasn't sure whether or not I was allowed to sleep on her bed, but soon I was answered. The older woman picked me up again, and placed me on the foot of her bed before turning off her lights and placing herself under her quilts and sheets. I padded swiftly to her blanket opening and wriggled myself under her blankets for extra coverage. It was dark under the blankets, but being a cat, I knew I could see better much than needed, and I wasn't too worried as I was going to sleep soon anyways. I made sure I was far enough away from the woman's feet, so I could avoid possibly getting slumped by them in the middle of the night. 

I lied down on my side and curled my tail close to my body. I closed my eyes, and suddenly a pang of worry hit me. I pushed it aside as nothing, as I was too tired to keep my thought trail going. I fell asleep and dreamt of a mysterious young girl with black hair. I fell into darkness and felt the pull of her arms around my waist and her serpent - like fangs sinking into my bare flesh.